last tour easy to get tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oneu2fan

The Fly
Last tour I was a member of u2.com I think we were able to get up to four tickets in the US.

For people that weren't members, was it easy to get GA the day tickets went on sale?

Last tour was in stadiums, so it was easy. This tour will be harder as it's to be in much smaller venues. I'd recommend joining to give you access to the Presale because by the time the general sales hit, most tickets are gone.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Got all the tickets without a u2.com subscription.
6 dates in Germany, Belgium, The Netherlands and Uk.

Even Glastonbury, which was the hardest.
If they are going to play arena's its gonna be a lot harder.

Last tour was piss-easy. Had no troubles anywhere - France, Netherlands, Ireland, or Australia.

The US in 2005 was pretty chaotic and difficult, but honestly a lot of that was to do with shitty servers with insufficient capacity. Ticketing websites now tend to have much faster servers with higher capacity, and I haven't had any unpleasant experiences in major sales for years now. If you are quick off the mark and get in as soon as tickets go on sale (and have your details preloaded to an account on the ticketseller's website), even in smaller venues you should emerge with what you want.

Got all the tickets without a u2.com subscription.
6 dates in Germany, Belgium, The Netherlands and Uk.

Even Glastonbury, which was the hardest.
If they are going to play arena's its gonna be a lot harder.

:tongue: You liar. One of your German and the other Belgian ticket were all through subscriptions of yours truly.

I got most through my subscription, trading with other friends or Interferencers that had subscriptions to get tickets for each show. No troubles at all. Got my 2011 ticket through here as well. Forums are incredibly convenient to get tickets through.

The US in 2005 was pretty chaotic and difficult, but honestly a lot of that was to do with shitty servers with insufficient capacity. Ticketing websites now tend to have much faster servers with higher capacity, and I haven't had any unpleasant experiences in major sales for years now. If you are quick off the mark and get in as soon as tickets go on sale (and have your details preloaded to an account on the ticketseller's website), even in smaller venues you should emerge with what you want.

I'm thinking the opposite, tickets (especially GA) are going to be gone so fast in arenas that most won't ever see them offered when they try. I foresee a litany of posts here Nov 22 at 10:30 AM complaining of getting shut out.

The residency thing could be interesting for on sales....will they announce say 2 shows in NYC, then keep rolling shows as each one sells out? Could require folks to spend a few hours that morning monitoring Ticketmaster for added shows.

Last tour was piss-easy. Had no troubles anywhere - France, Netherlands, Ireland, or Australia.

I have unpleasant experiences for every single show I try for.

Perhaps it's due to the higher demand for new york. Alas, it's still incredibly frustrating.

And with these tickets? Yea. It'll be a pain in the ass through traditional means.

It will be dificult to buy tickets to listen to them in a pub.
They said this next tour will be in a "pub". :lol:

For you guys in the USA there will be problems. You have alot of indoor
stadiums and music-halls in every state.
Here in Europe, we are expecting them to play in gladiator arenas.
Big sports stadiums. There are hardly any indoor stadiums
around here, and fans usually pack the stadiums to their full capacity when
U2 comes to their city. If they dont do this, fans will be very dissapointed.

I think im right in saying that that is how it was done in europe for the 360 tour. In North america, i think it was 1 ticket for up to 4 shows

Correct, in Europe all ticket sales were handled by different vendors, so you could only redeem your code once. In the US, it was all ticketbastard so you could spread out your tickets over multiple shows.

Which is why I mentioned the trading sequences. Just buy four tickets for your show, trade three of them with mates who get tickets for another show, all have tickets for the shows you want. :)

360 tour was relatively easy....no surprise given the number of tickets available for each show. But I remember Vertigo (venue) tour...it was a lot harder. Ticket master servers were regularly crashing :down:

It will be dificult to buy tickets to listen to them in a pub.
They said this next tour will be in a "pub". :lol:

For you guys in the USA there will be problems. You have alot of indoor
stadiums and music-halls in every state.
Here in Europe, we are expecting them to play in gladiator arenas.
Big sports stadiums. There are hardly any indoor stadiums
around here, and fans usually pack the stadiums to their full capacity when
U2 comes to their city. If they dont do this, fans will be very dissapointed.

well, not sure about that. There are plenty of European cities with indoor venues (O2 and such....)

well, not sure about that. There are plenty of European cities with indoor venues (O2 and such....)
Exactly, if they decide to do a European tour indoors there are plenty of big venues (15-20.000). Even in my country (Croatia), wich is considered a less developt part of Europe, there is an arena with 15.000 capacity (Zagreb), you also have in neighbouring Serbia a venue wich holds 18.000 people etc.

Does anyone know where the rumor comes from that U2 are going to play multiple dates in less cities?
I'm scared they will skip the Netherlands...

It was from U2log, who have a source - but they emphasise it was only with regards to North America. They had no news for elsewhere, so it's unclear if the residency model (if true at all) will be used in Europe.

I doubt the Netherlands would be skipped though. It's one of U2's strongest markets, not just in Europe but globally.

there's a tax joke in there somewhere...:hmm:

as for tickets, I'd really like to try and band together with some others from here this time round. I'm on a facebook group of around 100+ people who get into groups of 6 to get Glastonbury tickets and only 3-4 people went without this year, and I'd definitely like to try and see U2 more than once on the next tour, if the gig's are really going to be as varied as they're suggesting!

Last tour I was a member of u2.com I think we were able to get up to four tickets in the US.

For people that weren't members, was it easy to get GA the day tickets went on sale?

I am NOT a member of U2.com
or any other music fan club.

For many years I have been able to get myself a ticket without any
help or without any problems.

For the Vertigo tour our group of friends were able to buy 30 tickets.
One friend bought all the tickets.
It was a great show in Lisbon and also a 1-week vacation in that city.

For the 360º Tour our group was able to get 100 tickets!
One guy bought all the tickets.
It wasn´t easy.
He put up close to 3,000 euros of his own money,
but we all payed him back in that same week... or his wife would killl him.
All the tickets were their normal price and ALL legal. No scalping crap.

We were all eating dinner at a restaurant when he brought the bag with
those 100 tickets. Imagine the look on people´s faces nearby when they
saw one-hundred U2 concert-tickets spread out on the dinner table!
Of course I took some photos! :applaud:

At that time many people had to wait all night by the ticket booth just
to buy one or 2 tickets, but we bought them 2 weeks earlier before
they were on sale to the general public.

So, does becoming a member at u2.com give me any advantages or
freebies to buy me a ticket.
NO.
What does matter is knowing people and have good friends who work in
the right places when you need something.
Like a U2 ticket for example.

it was easy last time as they were doing stadiums and the world at large wasn't that bothered as before...

this time they've got an album that seems to be more popular and they are playing arenas...big difference between 20,000 per night at the o2 arena and 70,000 a night at Wembley...and who knows how many shows they will do

with the community here I don't see any need for use of vileagogo or the others, between us we'll get enough and sort out trades...which is how we got to Dublin in 2005

I agree it'll be tougher-a lot tougher-to get tickets this tour. Especially GA's. I just watched the cluster that was the Foo Fighters sell out Wrigley where the whole field was GA-the option to buy never came up for any areas in the stadium-straight to no tickets.

I expect U2's North American dates to be pretty hellish. Getting GA tickets for Vertigo wasn't easy. There's only like 500 or so GA tickets in those sort of arenas to begin with, so we're talking about way more demand than availability. You factor in the fact that it might be a smaller tour at first (with only a few nights in a handful of cities) and there isn't going to be nearly enough room to get all the diehards a spot on the floor.

And for what it's worth, Vertigo wasn't that problematic in terms of the general sale. I netted some GA seats with ease (and it's real easy if you figure a second or third or fourth night is going to pop up about ten minutes after the first one goes on sale). The big problem was that BS presale where Ticketmaster absolutely refused to put up a lot of the good seats, causing fans to freak out. U2.com membership was an absolute bust that year. We got a really crappy keychain and basically wasted $50 on something that was no help in securing good tickets.

I think this time around it will be very easy to get tickets.

Everyone is thinking its just going to be an all acoustic show, a boring show,
old guys playing the banjo and piano,
but then U2 will surprise everybody!

I ended up with GA tickets for most of the Vertigo shows I went to, but when I think back to it, I'm pretty sure I didn't get any of them through the general sale. (I got one through the pre-sale.)

I think I lucked out - one I got on Craigslist, and another through another place online.

There's only like 500 or so GA tickets in those sort of arenas to begin with, so we're talking about way more demand than availability...

There is about 2000 GA's for most arena floors. Maybe a little less. 400-500 fit into the heart/ellipse. They would let 300 fans in and another 100 guests usually.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom