Lady With The Spinning Head [Extended Dance Mix] is the single greatest thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lady With the Spinning Head...my mind was blown when I discovered this. No other band does songs like this (that I have heard).

I have always thought it would be cool if they opened a show with this :reject: :drool:

For sure! I dont play this mix too often, but when I do, it always takes up a half hr at least because 3 is the minimum number of times I play it. Beats the hell out of the regular version of the song without even trying, one of U2's most high energy songs. I love how you can hear almost all of the AB rockers in this song, and we talk about Adam being on fire in NLOTH2 or Larry in Boots, or Bono in MOS or Edge in Unknown Caller or SUC, THEY ARE ALL ON FIRE IN THIS.

Doubt it would open a show, though that would just be incredible, but maybe as the lights out song?

I think UF/JT have the b-sides that speak to me the most and enhance the atmosphere of the album(luminous, love comes tumbling, spanish eyes, walk to the water, etc) but my personal favorite B-sides are Holy Joe and LWTSH extended.

I have to admit, the first time I heard this song, in its regular mix as a B-side to the "One" single, I was completely blown away. The boop sounds that start the song off sounded, to my ears, sooooooo modern. Like someone put three green circles on a light yellow canvas or something. But the whole thing turned out to be big and epic and trashy. I don't care if it ever made it to an album or not, it's one of those songs I return to so often. It stands above the fold on many levels.

I bought the One single when it came out and loved LWTSH instantly. Never heard the extended dance mix until I got the Best of 1990-2000 2CD. Was stunned.

Needless to say, I don't listen to the original (UVI) version anymore :wink:

I bought the One single when it came out and loved LWTSH instantly. Never heard the extended dance mix until I got the Best of 1990-2000 2CD. Was stunned.

Needless to say, I don't listen to the original (UVI) version anymore :wink:

Me neither...it's dance mix all the way!

Back
Top Bottom