Lady With The Spinning Head - appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If they opened the show with it...

it would be sooooo :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

I didn't think there was anyone that liked that song as much as I do.....it's one of my favorite U2 tracks ever.....top 10.

:love: is the term for it.

seriously, that extended dance mix would bring the house day. i contest it's the best u2 remix......that i can remember at the moment.
:love: agreed. there's a perfecto mix i like a lot too but i can't remember which one it is. but that is by far their best remix. and far superior to the original.

if i bothered with more remixes i'd probably have a stronger opinion on my favourite remix.

but i was bitterly disappointed when i heard the original after the remix - which was a symptom of thinking u2 remixes suck.

But the remix lacks the guitar solo...
And crucially I can listen to the original almost twice in the time of the remix - hence more efficient.
:hyper:

And for my money, Zooromancer Remix of Salome is the best remix.

i don't really get all that much into U2 remixes, most of their music isn't remix material imo. other bands i like, that's a different story. and yes, the original is disappointing for sure, and it's rare for me to prefer a remix to the original.

EDIT:

Much prefer the extended mix. You can't beat the much more Fly-esque solo and Ultraviolet intro-sounding part towards the end. And yes, the song is teh ballz.

I've always loved this b-side. I remember getting the single years later when in London. More precisely at Oxford st's main HMV store. Good times.
By the way, all of "One"'s b-sides on that CD single are fab. "Sattelite of Love" - top. "NIght and Day", the same (though I love the original mix).

I remember hearing this way back in 1992 (??) when it was a b-side for one of the AB singles- at the time I was struggling to get my head round the whole AB thing- I'd fallen out of love with U2 during pompous R&H era and then they came back with something that blew me away

couldn't believe how good LWTSH was- still think it's a mighty fine track- shame it was banished to a bonus track on a cd single

extended mix is so good............the song could have used one more verse in there somewhere...guess that's why its a b-side. most of their remixes suck...but this one is good. great song to crank in the car and hit the gas on an open stretch of road.:D

yes the extended mix is soooo cool.
Anyone know what that UVI means at the one b-side?
I foun UVI = ultraviolet. It could be ... because at the 91 demos there is a track called wake up dead man ... which includes a snippet of ultra violet

But the remix lacks the guitar solo...
And crucially I can listen to the original almost twice in the time of the remix - hence more efficient.
:hyper:

:scratch:
....having never heard the remixes..............

......are we talking about the guitar solo towards the end
or all of Edge's guitar work on there?

If Edge's Middle-Eastern influenced playing in the song isn't there than.... for me, it reverts to being a very good, but not superb song.

Back
Top Bottom