Lady With The Spinning Head - appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here she comes
Lady luck again
Figure of eight
Six and Nine again
I, I, I, my lady with the spinning head

Whatever the deal
She won't let me down
Wherever I go
She's always hangin' round

Lady with the spinning head

She's been gone
But I knew she'd be back
She's got the rent
She put me in the black
I, I need you lady with the spinning head

Mean old man took away my car
Those credit guys they've got the power
I'm on top
When she's around
She's my ticket
Out of town

Has anyone realised this song is about gambling? :drool:

For some reason it just feels too early for them to reissue AB, it's even not that old. Then in a few years we'll have a reissue of Pop, which still sounds brand new to me.

I don't hear Until The End Of The World in it, but it is the mother of Ultra Violet (hence the (UVI) tag at the end of the title). And the Extended Dance Mix (which to me doesn't really sound like a dance mix, but more like a full-length version) is even better! :combust:

Lady With A Spinning Head turned into part of "UltraViolet" and "The Fly". Heard that one straight from Bono in 1992.

hee hee
"Figure of 8,
6 and 9 again..."

...If you'd read Bill Flanagan's book, you would know what I'm talking about. :shifty:

Or, have your mom explain it to you. :wink:

Yeah I get it.

It's just I heard that apparently it is a song about gambling, I never thought that myself, I just heard.:wink:

I'm a bit surprised that this particular song has generated this much posting since it is certainly not one of the more well known ones. It's a great one though! Who says U2 doesn't have a sense of humor? When I listen to it, I sometimes can't help but think that Bono was watching "The Exorcist" when he was inspired to write this one.

Thanks for the thread!

I :drool::love::drool: LWTSH !!!

I think I heard it for the first time back in ?2001-
when one of NYC's local rock stations for ATYCLB did a U2 A- Z run.
I taped about 2/3rds- 3/4's of the whole run through.

WHen i heard LWTSH I was wha-a'-oooh??!!!
FOr me it's Edge's twirling/swirling Gutair Riff running through much of the song that takes it into the stratosphere for me- that, imho- has MIddle Eastern Influence in it, that stopped me in my tracks!:ohmy::heart:

It's a cool song without it~~ but with it- OMG!

:hmm: It'd probably be #6 on my top 10 U2 songs! :)

Very cool song indeed, as a b side it would smash any of the a sides put out today by other artists imo.

Achtung Baby is already the best album ever.

Imagine if it had Lady in its tracklist

or even better...

as a hidden track....you finish Love Is Blindness...then silence for a minute or two, and there it goes. Then you put the album on repeat, and then again, and again, and again :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

One of the best b-sides ever. It fits easily on Achtung Baby. The song is great. I always complete AB with this song. I like the 1990 demo as wel called wake up dead man. Mix between ultraviolet, the fly and lady itself.

Back
Top Bottom