Kings of Leon diss U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Back to the thread...I've no idea if this is a diss at U2.

I've seen KOL once, and to be honest I wasn't that impressed, so perhaps they have some lessons to learn from U2!

BTW...Only By The Night is a wicked album. If NLOTH is anywhere near a complete as this then I'm gonna be a happy man very soon.

It's a stretch to think he's dissing U2. They love U2, so I highly doubt it. It's a general comment.

Maybe he's dissing you!

How is that dissing U2? :confused:

I agree - I don't think that was specific.

But this is also how KOL feels now. If they add in synths or multiple guitars (where something can be looped), they may feel quite differently. Often there's no need for a person to "play" that part - it's just programmed. And while KOL may feel that it's good to have another person on stage performing, that also doesn't work for all bands (and not all fans would be accepting of a new person suddenly on stage). In other words, I think as KOL advance their sound, they may realize the need to do exactly this. U2 didn't do this early on either, but by UF, things started to change.

Also, while I have enjoyed KOL's music, when they opened for U2, I found them really loud and noisy and not very good. It could have been the sound system, but U2 sounded fine. Unless KOL have improved a lot, their live performances need work. And this is coming from a person who was anxious to see KOL and is becoming a bigger and bigger fan of their work. IMO, they aren't quite the live band they think they are.

Back
Top Bottom