"Killing Bono" The Movie: coming in October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WTF, I made a search and this thread didn't come up, that's why I made one...:|

Doesn't this belong in the movie section?

Could go in either forum. But since its U2 related I'm guessing that's why the original thread was posted here.

Not nearly as many people populate and/or post in the Zoo Station forum as they do here. And, yeah, it's a U2 related movie, so I figured this was really the only place for it to go. It would have died a quick and probably snark-filled death in ZS.

Its a great book. And its a completly new perspective of the time period.
Really insightfull to how hard it is to not only have a the dream of becoming a performer....But all of the trials that make it completly improbable.

So to see one of your friends actually do it right under your nose at such an extraordinary level(BONO/U2) It is probably an extremly rare thing to have someone who can articulate it, like Neil.

Oh dear. :reject:

You know those trailers which make you feel bad for the filmmakers? Yeah.

Maybe it's just a badly cut trailer from the boobs in marketing, but if the movie took a lighthearted tack and not the fun, dark streak Neil had in the book, then it will be insufferable.

I think it looks fun - I might have to read the book again. I agree with you about the dark streak, though. Hopefully that will have survived through the script process and whatnot.

Honestly, it actually looks a little bit better than I expected... I guess you can say my faith in the movie since it was announced wasn't that strong :reject:

It looks like it has potential, though... :hmm:

Honestly, it actually looks a little bit better than I expected... I guess you can say my faith in the movie since it was announced wasn't that strong :reject:

It looks like it has potential, though... :hmm:

I agree!
I don't find the trailer bad at all.... it looks funny and I def. hope it gets wide release - would love to see it!

U2 puns everywhere, I like! :D
It's looking at the very least funny :lol:
Loved the "whose gonna go see the Pope?" *dramatic pause*
But of course!:lol::D

The trailer itself kinda sucks, not very well edited. But I still think the movie looks interesting and could be good!

This could either be scarily sacrilegious (you know what I mean ;)) or hilarious. I have no idea until it comes out...

I did get a guilty pleasure seeing all those signs saying 'featuring The Hype'...and all that lovely 70s/80s clothing XD

The guy playing Bono had better have a spectacular mullet.

Who are you people? I'm still wiping the tears from my eyes from laughing my ass off. That looks fantastic! Can't wait!

That trailer made me laugh a lot. Looking forward to seeing it. I'm surprised they actually have actors playing U2, from my understanding they were always just going to be 'out of sight' as it were, but obviously not.

I never had any idea what this book was about, but now I definitely want to read it. The trailer isn't perfect. Mostly because of that painfully stereotypical narrator, but I'll still go see it.

I had gotten the book but never felt like reading it. My wife, who is a U2 fan by osmosis, read it instead. She liked the first half or so, but then felt that Neil became far too whiny to enjoy the rest of it.

The trailer, however, looks amusing & I'd be up for seeing this. It looks like they emphasize Bono's shortness in that actor...

I'm actually kind of addicted to that trailer, unfortunately. Maybe because baby U2 amuses me greatly. I don't like how they're made out to be such bastards though :(

The first U2 biopic!

Imagine in 20-30 years time when they make a Bono: the movie...

Seems enjoyable, but I probably wouldn't watch it if I wasn't a U2 fan-

Back
Top Bottom