Kid in a Candy Store! (RTE Opens Their Vaults)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I doubt anyone will reply since I have been labeled (and unfairly judged harshly by a mod who closed the thread immediately after doing so) for trying to have a healthy debate and defending myself against personal attacks in the process.

Now my contributions, even when I am trying to add value to the forum, are mostly ignored.

I guess all those years being a member have meant nothing.

I don't think anyone's purposely ignoring you. Maybe it's just that this site isn't new news. It's been around for quite awhile now.

redhill said:
I doubt anyone will reply since I have been labeled (and unfairly judged harshly by a mod who closed the thread immediately after doing so) for trying to have a healthy debate and defending myself against personal attacks in the process.

Now my contributions, even when I am trying to add value to the forum, are mostly ignored.

Posts like this help! :happy:

just messing btw :wink:

that site looks cool, new to me anyway! will check it out when i get a chance... :up:

I don't think anyone's purposely ignoring you. Maybe it's just that this site isn't new news. It's been around for quite awhile now.

The news is that they just "opened their vaults" and released lots of new U2 audio and video...much of which I had never seen or heard...and so thought that others would be just as excited about it!

The news is that they just "opened their vaults" and released lots of new U2 audio and video...much of which I had never seen or heard...and so thought that others would be just as excited about it!

Ok sorry I guess I shouldn't have said "the site", I meant the vaults like you said. I thought the "vaults" were opened quite awhile ago is what I meant! Anyway, hopefully some of it will still be new to some people. There is a lot of neat stuff for sure.

Where's that martyr emoticon when you need it?

The videos have been up for a few years, and EYKIW's been especially slow lately. Nobody's actively ignoring you. Chill, bud.

Gee, I wonder why so many people ignore you..

Remember when you say that that I was responding to selected people's slams and/or negativity but nice attempt to try and shift blame.

If someone makes a crude remark do you always smile and walk away? Or are you being a hypocrite?

redhill said:

No, that's not it.

You seem to have a bad combination of taking yourself way too seriously and being oblivious to your surroundings. No one is ignoring you because of what a mod said or anything other than either not liking your posts, not knowing the answer to your question, or it just being slow.

No, that's not it.

You seem to have a bad combination of taking yourself way too seriously and being oblivious to your surroundings. No one is ignoring you because of what a mod said or anything other than either not liking your posts, not knowing the answer to your question, or it just being slow.

Actually, most times I love to be silly and have fun.

I do not appreciate getting attacked on forums and for reasons not worth going into...as we all know...people are a lot more comfortable on the Internet being more callous then they ever would be in person or in "real life."

As to your second point, all I know is this: my last 3 posts after the thread I am referencing went all but completely ignored.

When I used to post here years ago, that never happened. Maybe I read to much into it but I think both factors are relevant and you are minimizing and shifting blame to an extent.

Anyway, this does not have to be about me and I think it is better if I just remain a lurker.

I simply thought that posting a link to new U2 video would be appreciated and not something I would be ridiculed or attacked for.

Bottom line is forums (like this) are simply not for me. I would rather communicate face to face with someone or be on the telephone where people are not so p*ssy and hide behind anonymity so they can talk s*it.

I have no respect or tolerance for people like that. Maybe I'm getting old and this is reflective of a generation gap.

It is worth noting that the last three people who posted in this thread constitute the majority of the people who were being ignorant in the aforementioned thread as well. Hmmmmmm.

Whatever.

Get your digs in if you want while I'm gone but I don't have any more time to waste on some of the people who post on this site.

:wave:

redhill said:
As to your second point, all I know is this: my last 3 posts after the thread I am referencing went all but completely ignored.

When I used to post here years ago, that never happened. Maybe I read to much into it but I think both factors are relevant and you are minimizing and shifting blame to an extent.
I think you are reading too much into it, way too much. Posts go unanswered or unreferenced ALL the time in here, it doesn't necessarily mean they're being "ignored". In fact it means very little.

redhill said:
Anyway, this does not have to be about me and I think it is better if I just remain a lurker.

I simply thought that posting a link to new U2 video would be appreciated and not something I would be ridiculed or attacked for.
But you do realize that you were not being "ridiculed or attacked" for posting a link to video? Please tell me you realize that.

No, that's not it.

:up:

As a long time member, I had no idea there was some sort of disagreement between redhill and a moderator. And even if I did know, why would I care?

Second, thanks redhill! I did look at this site. I'll probably play some items when I have some time. But just because I did not respond, it doesn't mean your information wasn't useful. People don't always respond to threads - this is a site about U2, not how popular a topic or a member are.

Actually, most times I love to be silly and have fun.

I do not appreciate getting attacked on forums and for reasons not worth going into...as we all know...people are a lot more comfortable on the Internet being more callous then they ever would be in person or in "real life."

Bottom line is forums (like this) are simply not for me. I would rather communicate face to face with someone or be on the telephone where people are not so p*ssy and hide behind anonymity so they can talk s*it.

I have no respect or tolerance for people like that. Maybe I'm getting old and this is reflective of a generation gap.

It is worth noting that the last three people who posted in this thread constitute the majority of the people who were being ignorant in the aforementioned thread as well. Hmmmmmm.

Whatever.

Get your digs in if you want while I'm gone but I don't have any more time to waste on some of the people who post on this site.

:wave:

Dude! You titled the thread "Kid in a Candy Store! (RTE Opens Their Vaults)". And then you just posted a link. It didn't catch my attention, and because I was on my phone it was too much effort to look at. Someone then said "look at this" and then in the very next post you started complaining. No one, not a single person, had attacked you.

This is the internet, not a happy-hand-holding club. Threads get ignored. I was one of the people who attacked you in the past but that was because you started a thread with a completely idiotic claim that was beyond the realms of reality. It deserved to be called out. You then dragged it on and on and on, claiming we were all wrong, that your theories had been proven correct, and then you started playing the victim.

When I close interference, life does go on.

Dude! You titled the thread "Kid in a Candy Store! (RTE Opens Their Vaults)". And then you just posted a link. It didn't catch my attention, and because I was on my phone it was too much effort to look at. Someone then said "look at this" and then in the very next post you started complaining. No one, not a single person, had attacked you.

This is the internet, not a happy-hand-holding club. Threads get ignored. I was one of the people who attacked you in the past but that was because you started a thread with a completely idiotic claim that was beyond the realms of reality. It deserved to be called out. You then dragged it on and on and on, claiming we were all wrong, that your theories had been proven correct, and then you started playing the victim.

When I close interference, life does go on.

It's people like you that ruin forums.

Back
Top Bottom