Kendrick Lamar - "XXX." ft. U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I could see Bono snippeting this on tour. It really is a lovely / haunting hook.

EDIT: On second thought, I'd be surprised if this hook ISN'T snippeted.

Last edited:
haven't heard it yet, but reading the feedback feel like "phew" :lol:

Bono channeling his inner Sinatra, nice chorus..and good beats from Larry.

Last edited:
haven't heard it yet, but reading the feedback feel like "phew" :lol:

Unless you are super into hip hop/rap, you probably won't love the song - but it is IMPOSSIBLE to hear their contribution and think it is anything but fantastic for them at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

best decision to appear on the new Kendrick Lamar album in regards to their "street cred" ... not every U2 fan will love this, but this invokes some good "Passengers/Million Dollar Hotel" memories.

Unless you are super into hip hop/rap, you probably won't love the song - but it is IMPOSSIBLE to hear their contribution and think it is anything but fantastic for them at this point.

Eh, more like "unless you just don't like hip hop/rap whatsoever, you probably won't love the song.

Track is about as well done as you could possibly hope for. Band fits perfectly. Some of this odd pairings can feel forced and contrived; this sounds completely natural, which is why it works so well.

Last edited:
It's a testament to Kendrick's incredible elasticity and adaptability, the producer Mike WiLL Made-It's incredible beat and also a testament to the fact that when not chasing a #1 pop hit that will make them the zeitgeist again, U2 are pretty DAMN. great.

Eh, more like "unless you just don't like hip hop/rap whatsoever, you probably won't love the song.

Track is about as well done as you could possibly hope for. Band fits perfectly. Some of this odd pairings can feel forced and contrived; this sounds completely natural, which is why it works so well.

honestly, it really is more about the actual song for me, than the "genre" - i like a huge range of stuff, from ambient Bristol chill stuff to growly screamy death metal haha just depends on the song... i love this, love the contrasts, love the content, works beautifully and is meaningful... some hip hop/rap songs, especially collaborations are among some of my all-time fave songs... really happy this one sounds so good :heart:

Kendrick is great. Have only listened to this album and part of his last one, but I really like most of what I've heard from him. XXX is one of the best songs on the album, it's amazing. I always end up surprised it's actually only 4 minutes, the first minute alone feels like an eternity (in a good way).

Bono's vocals are great; they're a bit rough, but they fit really well into the song.

EDIT: A side-note: All the band members are credited among the composers for the track: http://pitchfork.com/news/72695-kendrick-lamars-new-album-damn-the-full-credits/. Fair to say they probably wrote the section they were in themselves, at least.

Last edited:
Just not a rap fan at all, didn't even know who Kendrick Lamar was until this track. I do think they have done a good job though and it seems to have gone down a storm with the general music public.

Not for me though, all we need now is a video of Lamar and bono :)

Twitter be like "I've always hated U2 because the internet told me to, but now that Kendrick Lamar put them on his album, I decided to actually listen to their back catalogue and now I don't hate them anymore."

Report: Millennials around the globe are struggling with the notion that it's now acceptable to like U2.

Kendrick Lamar - "XXX." ft. U2

Twitter be like "I've always hated U2 because the internet told me to, but now that Kendrick Lamar put them on his album, I decided to actually listen to their back catalogue and now I don't hate them anymore."

That or "This u2 group owe Kendrick cuz they about to blow up"

Back
Top Bottom