Kasabian singer hated touring with U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jive Turkey said:
Well you were responding to Vlad

No I wasnt. I was typing my post while Vlad mustve posted. Im on my phone. In other words, I thought mine would appear right underneath cobls. As it is, the content is still the same and the quotes cobl reprinted definitely paint a different picture than the one you did.

No I wasnt. I was typing my post while Vlad mustve posted. Im on my phone. In other words, I thought mine would appear right underneath cobls. As it is, the content is still the same and the quotes cobl reprinted definitely paint a different picture than the one you did.

Take it easy, chief. It was a misunderstanding. Like I said, that's why I prefaced my post with the question. No need to get all defensive and bent out of shape.

Take it easy, chief. It was a misunderstanding. Like I said, that's why I prefaced my post with the question. No need to get all defensive and bent out of shape

No need for YOU to get defensive and bent out of shape. Simmer down, sonny. I don't want to have to take you down, old school style. You don't understand how things were back in the day, you hear?

Jive Turkey said:
Take it easy, chief. It was a misunderstanding. Like I said, that's why I prefaced my post with the question. I don't know why you're getting so bent out of shape

Youre still misunderstanding pardner. Im not bent out of shape in the least bit over this. Not in the least.

No need for YOU to get defensive and bent out of shape. Simmer down, sonny. I don't want to have to take you down, old school style. You don't understand how things were back in the day, you hear?

I've got lunatics shouting in the streets below me. You think I'm ascared of you????

Jive Turkey said:
And since you're all uppity about the picture I'm painting, the guy just said he forgot the name of the poet Bono mentioned. Oh No!!!!

Dude. Are you ok? Dippin into grandpas old sauce just a bit? :wink:

The man clearly was derisive in his comments about his interactions with Bono. Otherwise, why would cobl say that his comments would make U2 fans mad?

Im cool as a cucumber. Pretty sure youve seen posts where I get heated. This aint one of those times, sorry if that disappoints. :shrug:

Dude. Are you ok? Dippin into grandpas old sauce just a bit? :wink:

nah, I was actin' the part of the grandpa tonight and called it quits after the fights were over :yawn: so tired

Im cool as a cucumber. Pretty sure youve seen posts where I get heated. This aint one of those times, sorry if that disappoints. :shrug:

Alright, well, let's just chalk it up to the tricks the blue crack can sometime play on a man

Well you were responding to Vlad and didn't quote cobbler. That's why I asked

Please, leave me out of this. :sad:

U2 are my favourite band always will be but kasabian are my 2nd favourite.to see the two together would have been a dream for me.

Kasabian have a big fanbase in the uk,there gigs sell out very quickly and the albums always get to number 1.

Ive been with them since day 1 i saw them before they released there first single in sweaty little clubs.live they are great, tom the singer is cocky and has great stage pressence.he needs to be cause there music give you a swagger,music with attitude i like to call it.

I read amongst the thread that somebody said the singer had a big ego god bono has the biggest ego in popular music so whats the issue there?

Kasabian sound nothing like oasis which somebody compared them to which i cannot understand?

Ive been to alot of kasabian gigs and i always get down the front and its pretty hectic thats what kasabian are used to ,now when they did the u2 gigs i persume the crowd was jusy standing around,there not use to this.

Some people have said that they wouldnt listen to kasabian now theve moaned about touring with u2?how stupid is that?

Yes kasabian are arrogant,yes they think there the best band ever This is they way bands should be with each other at the end of the day other bands are the competition.u2 were exactly the same years ago

I hate all these bands loving u2 and sucking up to them god even greenday who supoest to of been some type of rebel band did a song with them.

The stupid thing about it is tom actually said he loved being with and watching u2 but hated playing to a dead crowd.i really cannot see the problem there

Kasabian's new album veloicraptor which came out monday is a cracking album and well worth a listen for any music fan.

:up:

So you completely agree with him about the fans but think he should just be quite about it? Awesome.

Um, no. I think if people at the 360 show didn't respond to their crappy music, it's Kasabian's fault, not the fans. And rather than calling the U2 fans "cardboard cutouts" perhaps Kasabian should ask themselves what they can do to improve their act, and why they're not reaching these music lovers ], rather than bitching, moaning and whining about it while blaming everyone but themselves.

Oh, and yes, Kasabian was given a great opportunity by U2, and rather than insult their fans this guy should just have the good sense and grace to be grateful and shut the fuck up.

But hey, you wan't to be an apologist for bad behavior by spoiled rock stars? Awesome!!!!

The only reason you think he should 'shut the fuck up' even though you've pointed out yourself how shitty the crowd can be is because of your childish hero worship.

I honestly think what the guy said is pretty fucked up, attacking fans anyways, kind of turned me off the band, tbh, wouldn't matter who they'd opened for.

Which is fine. I'm just saying he has every right to voice his opinion and shouldn't have to keep quiet just because he's opening for U2

The only reason you think he should 'shut the fuck up' even though you've pointed out yourself how shitty the crowd can be is because of your childish hero worship.

Um, what? Hero worship of who? No one who knows me, or has read anything I've written here, would accuse me of hero worship of U2....it's pretty laughable on its face. In fact, I haven't defended at all U2 in this thread...I've directed my comments solely towards this idiots behavior. And I'd feel that same about this clown if he said this about opening up for any band. He's acting like a spoiled prima donna.

And if the crowd was "shitty" to him perhaps it's because they thought they were hearing shitty music. Or does it hurt your feelings that the crowd didn't fall on their knees enraptured by one of your rock gods? Yes, that's right, it's Kasabian who's right and the hundreds of thousands of people who apparently weren't impressed with them who are wrong.

And no one says he doesn't have the "right" to voice is opinion...that's besides the point. The point is he was a classless, ungrateful ass for doing so.

I saw 360 w/Muse opening and people loved them...so maybe Kasabian just doesn't have what it takes in the big leagues. Poor dears, your guys had their shot.

No, the only person who's engaging in hero worship of any kind is you for this guy by kind of sadly trying to defend his bad behavior.

You're funny.

:yawn:

I'm a casual Kasabian fan at best. But if it helps you defend your opinion, then by all means....

I honestly think what the guy said is pretty fucked up, attacking fans anyways, kind of turned me off the band, tbh, wouldn't matter who they'd opened for.

Totally agree with this point. I look at opening acts with an open mind. Some have surprised me, and some I didn't like at all. It is very much subjective. Although I have never listened to the band, saying this has made me not even want to bother.

Which is fine. I'm just saying he has every right to voice his opinion and shouldn't have to keep quiet just because he's opening for U2

He does have every right to state his opinion, and we are free to react to it, seeing that it is U2 fans he is dissing.

Back
Top Bottom