Joshua Tree Plaque

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thefly76

Babyface
About 18 months ago and after three attempts I finally found the, now fallen, Joshua Tree. Does anyone know the story of how the plaque, bearing an image of the tree and the words "Have you found what you were looking for ?," got there.

It seems to be a bigger mystery than the location of the tree itself!! It seems to have been put there sometime between 2000 and 2008. A thread on flickr suggests that the metal casting was installed in the concrete on site.

Does anyone know any more?

Thanks

I'm interested in hearing about it as well, but I have to say, when I first read the title, I thought it said Joshua Tree Plague.

:lol:

There was the story online somewhere cause he brought all the water, cement out there in his jeep. He was worried about getting in trouble from driving off road...I read it but then I think he took it down...

Are there any links to the story? My theory is U2 commissioned the plaque but didn't want to be known/prosecuted for it so they sent someone else in...

About 18 months ago and after three attempts I finally found the, now fallen, Joshua Tree. Does anyone know the story of how the plaque, bearing an image of the tree and the words "Have you found what you were looking for ?," got there.

It seems to be a bigger mystery than the location of the tree itself!! It seems to have been put there sometime between 2000 and 2008. A thread on flickr suggests that the metal casting was installed in the concrete on site.

Does anyone know any more?

Thanks

Got any pictures for us?

Back
Top Bottom