Joshua Tree most returned CD this Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking at the other titles they cited, it seems like there is a simple reason - people already have enormously popular albums and videos, so when they get another copy for Christmas they are returned. Seems like making a news story out of nothing.

Who's giving JT as a christmas gift in 2011?! :huh:

Exactly. This sounds like one of those gifts I used to get for my birthdays. Even when you specifically ask NO U2 stuff, people still give you U2 cds, then saying "yeah wasn't sure if you had it already".

I doubt many u2 fans are out there that don't have JT. So either casual people didn't like it, or fans are returning them.

I doubt many u2 fans are out there that don't have JT. So either casual people didn't like it, or fans are returning them.
But many casuals have Joshua Tree, too. My parents aren't even close to being U2 fans, and they still have The Joshua Tree.

Maybe it's one of those things that you buy for someone if you're not sure what to get them. But it turns out it must also be something that everyone already has.

The article implies that there were 24,958 returns this Christmas but that can't be right. I haven't even heard of the site and that's a huge number. Perhaps the Joshua Tree is their most returned album ever, not just this December.

In a way it isn't that much of an insult - lots of returns does mean there were lots of original sales!

My Grandma had it on cassette, and now has it on CD... and she's almost 80! Anybody who is even slightly a fan of music has it in some format, legally or illegally.

Number 3 was Thriller-so yes, I'd say people have both already. They're probably priced right for giving too-bargain bin, that sort of thing.

Maybe people just didn't want Lady Gaga or they already have that too

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom