Joshua Tree claims two lives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW.....is the site of the tree REALLY as close to the 190 road as the earlier post suggests? It must be only a few hundred feet from the road. If so....makes this sad story even sadder.

i always feel bad criticising people in those situations because lord knows she'll be beating herself up for not doing this or doing that for the rest of her life, but why on earth did they think it would be a good idea to split up? i assume that's what happened since she was found but he hasn't been. i know i'd do all the wrong things despite having seen lots of man vs. wild episodes, but i personally couldn't imagine separating from my party. i'd be too scared to be by myself, lol.

Sometimes, the mind plays tricks in situations like that. You experience plenty of doubt, when you should be experiencing faith and all of that matters in your survival. It is a test of wills and resources are crucial.

I always feel bad criticizing people in those situations because lord knows she'll be beating herself up for not doing this or doing that for the rest of her life.

I could see this happening more often with the success of mapping services such as Google maps. Things look so tiny on a computer screen but so many of us don't really know how big our countries are. I think if you travel to a State Park or whatever, just be humble and listen to the locals. Estimating gas levels and temperatures are crucial.

Sometimes sage advice is to be listened too.

Dutch people know English. I sincerely doubt that they wouldn't have read up on this. If they got the map off U2tour.de, they'd have read the article.

But one thing for sure is that we (as in the Dutch) don't know for crap how to survive a desert. Unless we inform ourselves about it.
Especially in the summertime. Why would you go when its this hot?
And why go with only two people, alone, with no experienced guide? Or at least a group.

I guess these two guys didn't find....

What they were looking for.

1n68t.jpg

Yeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Back
Top Bottom