Jack White's Love Is Blindness on Radio 2 tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On the topic of Snow Patrol, I really, really, really, really like the song "Set the Fire to the Third Bar."

:twocents:

:up:

that's actually my fave song of theirs and one of the best things about it is probably Martha Wainwright haha

I much preferred it to Jack White.

I didn't mind Jack White, but the emotion that everyone else is citing on here just sounded too contrived to me :shrug:

The Killers is the one I am most looking forward to.

I'm a huge fan of both the Killers and U2, and have thought about a Killers cover of Ultraviolet before... nearly died when I saw they were doing it for this compilation. It's the perfect song for them: Brandon Flowers has a great singer persona / voice for a manic, screaming, pleading character - a lot like Ian Curtis, and a lot like Bono on Ultraviolet. This is by far going to be the best track...

Wasn't their first album (with Run) almost wholly written by a member who left afterwards? I think they're mind numbingly dull. Every single song is about exactly the same thing. And yes, I've seen them live. Dull.

i actually disagree. seeing them live actually made me want to listen to them more. i mean, they're not even close to my top 20 or so bands but i think they're decent. their new electronic sound is kind of fun as well.

Can you imagine how awesome that would be?

Or even better yet, if Bono could muster that much passion anymore????

I don't agree. I have seen passion in Bono recently. It's just a question of when and where. And Bono always seems to be on top of that.

With regards to this song, I get a bit of that Mary G. Blige version of "One" sense. That is, by screaming, White oversings the song.

I will admit, as this is such a painful song, White's screaming fits a bit more than Blige's diva like notes. And, as with Blige, I respect White's version.

I'm just not sure it's better than the original nor would I want to hear more covers from him.

Before I get ripped about favoring U2 above all else, there are plenty of U2 covers that I also don't like ("Unchained Melody" was terrible).

Still, I am anxious to hear the rest. Maybe White's version will grow on me and I'll love it (especially when compared to the rest of the CD).

On the topic of Snow Patrol, I really, really, really, really like the song "Set the Fire to the Third Bar."

:twocents:

It's beautiful. I really like some of their more obscure stuff, the darker songs. I don't see their music as "throwaway pop" at all. Strangely, that's something I usually associate with the Killers. I'm not a big fan of the killers and I cannot really stand Brandon Flower's singing. So it's different strokes for different people. I know Snow Patrol and Gary in particular love and admire U2. They are great friends. So I'm sure they have nothing but respect for their music and will treat the song they are doing with respect as well.

It's beautiful. I really like some of their more obscure stuff, the darker songs. I don't see their music as "throwaway pop" at all.

How true. I think the track The Lightning Strike, especially part one (What if the Storm Ends) is epic. They have some great darker (less mainstream) tracks.

I hope they bring some of that darkness to their cover.

How true. I think the track The Lightning Strike, especially part one (What if the Storm Ends) is epic. They have some great darker (less mainstream) tracks.

I hope they bring some of that darkness to their cover.

yep. add songs like "Make This Go On Forever" and "The Finish Line" as well.

I liked You're All I Have a lot. Then radio played those two fucking dreadful singles (Open Your Eyes and Chasing Cars) into the ground and that made me turn on them.

Um... none of that sounds right. "Run" is from their third album, Final Straw, and most of their material has been written by their frontman, from their inception up to now.

So I pretty much only got the name of the song right? Good job, me.

It's in the December issue of Q

hit UK newsstands at the end of October.

:shifty:

I think they could've made a more interesting and varied production, but it works. I do like that it's sort of exactly the opposite of the Mary J Blige-version. Whereas that version was over-the-top screaming and yelling, this is as laid-back as this song can possibly get. Which is kind of nice. :wink:

Yeah Q is always released a month in advance of its noted month. And by that, I mean it'll be released around the last wake of the month before the month before the month it's supposed to be released. :wink:

Yeah Q is always released a month in advance of its noted month. And by that, I mean it'll be released around the last wake of the month before the month before the month it's supposed to be released. :wink:

The month on the magazine is meant to refer to the date it gets taking OFF the shelves. It is a reminder for newsagents going through the racks that if the magazine says the month they are in, to pull it out.

The month on the magazine is meant to refer to the date it gets taking OFF the shelves. It is a reminder for newsagents going through the racks that if the magazine says the month they are in, to pull it out.

Ah, gotcha! Here it's actually the month of the issue, when it's out. :lol: That explains why it's always early.

The Damien Rice cover of One is absolutely brilliant. Love the piano at the top, the understatedness of it all... It's maybe even better than the real thing!

Back
Top Bottom