Jack White's Love Is Blindness on Radio 2 tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Damien Rice's One is dead-set awful. The change to first person is friggin annoying and he screws it up anyway ("Did I disappoint you, leave a bad taste in my mouth" WTF does that mean?)

Snow Patrol can pull off Mysterious Ways so long as they don't get too conservative with it (much like Damien Rice with One, who sounds just like every other One cover I've ever heard).

I do not get all the Snow Patrol hate. I actually like them and think they were a great opening act for U2. They seem to have an appreciation for U2 and seem to have enjoyed their time on the road with them and interacted well with the crowds. I think its cool they chose to be part of this.

Will they pull it off? Could be interesting, could be boring. I could say that about every single one of these covers though. Lets face it, as U2 fans we are going to be the harshest critics because most of these are song we have known for a long time and love them just how they are. I have a friend that is into the Beatles. I made a cd for him some of the U2 covers of some of their songs studio and live. He just cringed and said most of it was either boring or just bad. I think the same thing is or will happen here. Different tastes, different intrepretations. Most likely one or two of them will appeal to some of us and there will be dislike for a large portion of it.

Probably the most interesting thing to me and the biggest reason I will need to get a copy is that there is a new U2 remix on it. Odd for U2 to be on their own cover album.

i do like Snow Patrol - i just don't like what they did to Beyonce lol!!

i'll reserve my judgement on their cover of Mysterious Ways until i hear it, obviously...

I love Snow Patrol. I think they were the best U2 opening act, at least from all the support bands I've seen.

Their version of "Run" is miles better than the pathetic Leona Lewis cover.

I do not get all the Snow Patrol hate. I actually like them and think they were a great opening act for U2. They seem to have an appreciation for U2 and seem to have enjoyed their time on the road with them and interacted well with the crowds. I think its cool they chose to be part of this.

Will they pull it off? Could be interesting, could be boring. I could say that about every single one of these covers though. Lets face it, as U2 fans we are going to be the harshest critics because most of these are song we have known for a long time and love them just how they are. I have a friend that is into the Beatles. I made a cd for him some of the U2 covers of some of their songs studio and live. He just cringed and said most of it was either boring or just bad. I think the same thing is or will happen here. Different tastes, different intrepretations. Most likely one or two of them will appeal to some of us and there will be dislike for a large portion of it.

Probably the most interesting thing to me and the biggest reason I will need to get a copy is that there is a new U2 remix on it. Odd for U2 to be on their own cover album.

agreed. some of their music is throwaway pop junk in my opinion, but i really do love some of their material. plus they've been nothing but classy when opening up for U2.

I have to say I like Run. But all the other songs I've heard from them are pretty boring.

Wasn't their first album (with Run) almost wholly written by a member who left afterwards? I think they're mind numbingly dull. Every single song is about exactly the same thing. And yes, I've seen them live. Dull.

Wasn't their first album (with Run) almost wholly written by a member who left afterwards? I think they're mind numbingly dull. Every single song is about exactly the same thing. And yes, I've seen them live. Dull.

Um... none of that sounds right. "Run" is from their third album, Final Straw, and most of their material has been written by their frontman, from their inception up to now.

Damien Rice : good. Of course the other stripped down Johnny Cash version of One can't be matched but this is solid, considering he's covering the most iconic song from the album.

So that's 1 out of 2 so far.

Back
Top Bottom