Jack White's Love Is Blindness on Radio 2 tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ Why oh why did I go to the link that promised the NIN version of Zoo Station? :huh: :huh: :huh:

I've asked one of my friends who is in England a lot because of personal and professional ties to bring me the Q magazine because there's a lot of talk on different fan forums that even online sellers like Newsstand.uk don't ship the magazine with the CD to mainland Europe. Q promised to take care of the whole shipment issue and announce details soon, but we haven't heard anything so far. Just to be sure I asked my friend to get me the mag when she goes back to the UK at the end of October. She sent me an e-mail two days ago and said that she already "placed an order" with her best friend who's British. So there's hope. Q will be much easier to get than the damn GQ edition with U2 on the cover which is kind of the holy grail, at least for some of us girls :wink:

^ Why oh why did I go to the link that promised the NIN version of Zoo Station? :huh: :huh: :huh:

I've asked one of my friends who is in England a lot because of personal and professional ties to bring me the Q magazine because there's a lot of talk on different fan forums that even online sellers like Newsstand.uk don't ship the magazine with the CD to mainland Europe. Q promised to take care of the whole shipment issue and announce details soon, but we haven't heard anything so far. Just to be sure I asked my friend to get me the mag when she goes back to the UK at the end of October. She sent me an e-mail two days ago and said that she already "placed an order" with her best friend who's British. So there's hope. Q will be much easier to get than the damn GQ edition with U2 on the cover which is kind of the holy grail, at least for some of us girls :wink:

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...

That Garbage cover is pretty good. Not really special or surprising, but far from bad.

Regarding the garbage cover, I thought overall it was ok. Didn't like the way the verses were done, but the chorus was done really well IMO. The "don't turn around" section (which is my favourite part of the original song) was ruined IMO due to her singing it out of key. I wanted to hear the original melody

I'm not sure if I'm more excited for Mylo Xyloto (which I haven't heard yet - I plan on buying it in physical form tomorrow) or this.

There are only a couple left that I am really hanging out to hear (NIN, Killers and Glasvegas). Depeche Mode should be interesting, as well as Patti Smith I suppose.

Will be a solid album from what we are hearing though.

I'm not sure if I'm more excited for Mylo Xyloto (which I haven't heard yet - I plan on buying it in physical form tomorrow) or this.

Some really great tracks on that album. I even quite like the Rihanna duet. But the 2 acoustic ballads are snooze material and spoil the flow of the album. And for some reason I just don't like Major Minus :shrug:

On the Q covers I'm most eagerly awaiting DM's So Cruel and Glasvegas' Acrobat.

The Fray and Snow Patrol make this statement laughable, no offence. I will gladly go on the record and say both their renditions will be awful, without having heard those two second clips or whatever.

All I've listened to so far is Ultraviolet. I wasn't sure what I thought at first, but by the end, I wanted to dance. Reminded me why that's my favorite song ever. :heart:

not gonna lie..i really like the snow patrol track lol, it's a really interesting interpretation, Killers track is great and the most reminiscent of a U2 version on the record. Gavin's The Fly has a great groove going in it, kind of underwhelmed by the NIN cover

As a big NIN fan, I was expecting just a bit more from Zoo Station, but it's still pretty cool. So far my favorite is UTEOTW, surprisingly! I love the bluesy lounge sound :). I picture someone leaning over a bar singing this with a drink and cigarette in hand - good mental picture for the lyric.

Back
Top Bottom