Is U2's Best Work Still To Come?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No it's NOT. There is no excuse for being rude, even if you are pissed at U2. Don't let it out on other board members. If you cannot handle your emotions, go and book a anger management course. You write as if U2 were the most important thing in the world and their album postponement is a personal catastrophe to people. Excuse me, I LOVE U2 and they are a huge part of my life, but I'd be happy if this was the most horrible thing I have to worry about. Withdrawal symptoms? Don't people have other stuff to do in their lives?

There's no need for rudeness. But it's the usual suspects anyway.

was qg rude? I thought someone else was rude to him and he was actually defending them...
maybe i'm confused - this thread has turned my head backwards, its' so weird!

qg wasn't rude, I'm sorry, but he was defending someone who was rude by saying: It's okay because we all are upset. And I just wanted to say that I don't find it okay.

Co-Exist.

Thank you for summing it up for all the people on here who are blind and whose brail computers are on the blink.:sexywink:

I wish U2 would do a cover version of Pink's "Get this Party started" wearing drag and film the video in Spain somewhere and put that out before Chrissy to hold us over till May or June next year when the new album is released.

A "camp" Chrissy special would be in line with the spirit of the holiday festival and keep everyone happy as the cold snow falls around GB and the economy crashes ad we all lose our jobs and the have to forgo our mortgages and live on the streets. The Streets with no name, I might add.

Ehhh!:applaud:

I think some people underestimate the energy that U2 still have. :D

what energy??? if they had any we would have seen it in the past 7 years. what makes everyone think they will now after 7 years write their best song??? i dont think so. maby another vertigo or blinding lights but NO "BAD" or "ONE" or anything epic like that, not possible with their current sound.

Maybe the visit to North Africa will change their sound as per every article written about the new album indicates.

My assessment of ATYCLB as U2's "first album without compromises" doesn't mean that I prefer it over The Joshua Tree. I just said what I felt after giving the situation a thorough analysis.

Please do not condemn the person for being "unnecessarily rude." I completely understand the rage and fire in this forum caused by the album delay. That announcement has certainly brought rage among the hardcore fans, and even the softcore ones still face bouts with anxiety, tantrums, and moody behavior. It is something akin to U2 withdrawal symptoms. It is all natural, so let us not be quick to find fault. I myself am guilty of this because of the unfortunate news.

...qg

What? I'm not that upset over the delay.

Thanks for defending me though, I think...

It will be here soon enough.

Lanios, McGuinness and Eno think it will be their best ever EVER.

Honestly, "qg", you should've stayed quiet because you're pretty damn clueless about guitar playing. No self-respecting guitarist gives a shit about striking every string in a guitar chord at the precise moment every single time. NONE. ?

Tell BB King that. Steve Vai. Even The Edge for that matter. He tends to be very planned in his execution as opposed to some of your looser jam bands. U2 are (often) musically dramatic and timing as well as feel play a huge part in putting that across.

Articulation and dynamics shoud be important to ANY self-respecting guitar player or musician for that matter. Of course, lucky mistakes are also part of the equation.

$.02

Tell BB King that. Steve Vai. Even The Edge for that matter. He tends to be very planned in his execution as opposed to some of your looser jam bands. U2 are (often) musically dramatic and timing as well as feel play a huge part in putting that across.

Articulation and dynamics shoud be important to ANY self-respecting guitar player or musician for that matter. Of course, lucky mistakes are also part of the equation.

$.02

What I mean is that the skill comes naturally, and great guitarists don't have to think about striking the chords perfectly because they already can do that effectively. No one is saying that is not important, otherwise, they'd sound like crap.

Could be, if they don't overproduce the new album too much.

"Edge made me listen to [our old material] for The Best Of, and I was bracing myself, cause I think I sound like a very opinionated girl. Just screaming my head off. But then I actually listened to it and I thought, 'My God, there's pure joy here.'"
-- Bono, 2000

I guess they would need some big event or idea in their lives to make it happen...JT happened because of their fascination with America, AB came out of Edge's divorce and their third peak in popularity with All that.../Elevation came from 9/11 and their unofficially assumed role of the "healing band" of the US.

Nope. I think ATYCLB was their last masterpiece and the one-two punch that followed (Hands/Electrical Storm) and key tracks from the album after (Vertigo, Sometimes, City) may have been their last hurrah. I've been absolutely disappointed with the Green Day collaboration, WITS and now these beach clips. Yes,the beach clips have horrible sound quality but I can still totally make out the song structure and some of the lyrics and I'm just totally bored. It's like they decided to string a billion notes into these new songs without any of the emotion or catchiness of the U2 I love.

I believe beach clip no 4 - whatever its title may be in the end - will be the new U2 hymn and one of their best songs ever. Even from the clip I think I can say that it has a beauty and atmosphere that I hope will be a strong theme on the new album.

Back
Top Bottom