Is This It?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw AC/DC on their last tour and have to say, for a band a fair bit older than U2, they rocked the house and brought an energy that surpassed just about anything I've experienced at a U2 show - certainly over the course of 360 and I+E.

Doesn't hurt that they have one of the most talented guitar players in the world and they just bring it honest and loud without any of the technical filler that U2 seem to rely on more and more.

The implication is that U2 don't have one of the most talented guitar players in the world, and they clearly do. AC/DC are awesome live though, and I don't even like them all that much.

Oh, another troll tossing around the blind sheep / fanboy comments at any comment that isn't shitting all over the band. Something new and different. Never seen that before.

Edge is in no way the greatest technical guitar player around. None of the band members are the best at what they do as individuals. Edge goes more for unique sounds and atmospheres than straight shredding. It may have been something that developed BECAUSE he wasn't as technically accomplished as many of his peers. And it works for the band, and the band is better for it. And yes, he's been just as influential without being as technically talented as a lot of other players in many areas.

But hey, I'm just a Fanboy. I could be wrong.

Troll = mean new person who won't agree with me and makes me mad.

Ok Eli, time for a timeout.

Oh, another troll tossing around the blind sheep / fanboy comments at any comment that isn't shitting all over the band. Something new and different. Never seen that before.

Edge is in no way the greatest technical guitar player around. None of the band members are the best at what they do as individuals. Edge goes more for unique sounds and atmospheres than straight shredding. It may have been something that developed BECAUSE he wasn't as technically accomplished as many of his peers. And it works for the band, and the band is better for it. And yes, he's been just as influential without being as technically talented as a lot of other players in many areas.

But hey, I'm just a Fanboy. I could be wrong.

Nah, you're right.

U2 is the quintessential example of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts. Bono, as a frontman (not vocalist) is among the best ever in rock. Edge has sort of a niche for developing a unique sound. Otherwise, none of them are anywhere near the best, either in history or working now. They're just not.

That's one reason why inspiration and passion is so important when U2 records a record, because if it's not there, they don't have exceptional raw skills to fall back on...just unlimited resources and time.

Back
Top Bottom