Interference's Top 209 U2 Songs, The Results Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wink: WTSHNN was #1. Irishteen was just being cheeky listing Twilight as #1. (Though I'm not sure about the different Twilight version being a joke or not. I'm not a U2 historian/officianado, so for all I know there may be an earlier version than what was released on Boy. :shrug: )

The Original version of Twilight was an early b-side, and it was quite bad

it's not funny when you explain the joke guys!

I'd suggest keeping it as far from such events as possible, as they skew the results. Just look at NLOTH's showing here. Run it when the UF remaster drops and - as much as I'd love to see it - the album will likely get disproportionate weight. Down periods when not much is happening tend to be the best time to run these things as you get an outcome more reflective of long-term tastes.
:yes: which would stop ridiculous results happening, as happened with most of the nloth songs here.

khan's gunna kick your ass

:shocked: What are you talking about!?! That is one of the best U2 songs ever. It really literally shows the journey from boyhood to manhood.

which was what BOY was all about. No song displays the transition from being a boy to a man better than the Original Twilight :wink:.

:shocked: What are you talking about!?! That is one of the best U2 songs ever. It really literally shows the journey from boyhood to manhood.

which was what BOY was all about. No song displays the transition from being a boy to a man better than the Original Twilight :wink:.

If your son ever asks you what puberty is going to be like, skip the biology textbook and just play the demo version of Twilight for them. They'll be more withdrawn and horrified than they would be otherwise, but at least they'll be informed.

20 points to whoever figures out what member of this forum wrote the In A Little While review :wink:

hmmm. guess....Axver?

reading through your topic now. Interesting! Unfortunately I did not vote this time. I am curious how this list compares to Axvers list that is almost finished |9where I did vote).

Yes, quite an effort. :up:

A fifth of my top fifty came from UF. ASOH, Pride, Wire, UF, Bad, ISS, The Three Sunrises, Love Comes Tumbling, Bass Trap, Boomerang II. Promenade would've made it too had there not been three NLOTH entrants to my top fifty.

Hey axver, which 3 NLOTH entrants made it in your top fifty? Fez,Magnificient,..?

what happened with Interference. People who are responsible for putting Unknown Caller at number 25 are maybe not aware of their backcatalogue? This wouldn't make it into my personal U2-TOP1000

People have a different opinion to you...I know shocking

Hey axver, which 3 NLOTH entrants made it in your top fifty? Fez,Magnificient,..?

The third was White As Snow.

Now that I think about it, not sure Magnificent really deserved a place. Good song, but it's probably more a 51-60 song than a 41-50 song (think I placed it about 45th on the ranking I submitted).

it's anyway impossible to make an accurate top 200 U2 songs.... it changes every day! at least for me...:D

I know it. I went back and looked at my list a couple days ago, and doing it again I would make some pretty big changes. My number 11 and 12 would move up to numbers 4 and 5, my number 6 would fall out of the top 20, and I wouldn't be surprised if I had a totally different 31-50.

Wow haven't been here in quite a while, good work irishteen, must've taken some time to finish that list.

Cant find my way, cant find your way. Twilight, twilight, cant find my way. cant find your way.

That is just brilliant and U2 doesn't get any better than this.

Unknown Caller and especially Magnificent are placed way to high. Every song from TJT is better than both songs.
Breathe is fine at #20 though :heart:

Back
Top Bottom