Interference's Top 209 U2 Songs, The Results Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do believe that it has the worst set of lyrics ever written in the entire annals of rock music. Nobody, and I mean nobody should ever be paid for writing offal, banal, abhorrent, appalling, harrowing, ignominious, deplorable, afflictive, lamentable, lugubrious, calamitous, atrocious, repulsive, loathsome, execrable, deficient, dotterel, imbecilic, inane, insensate, ludicrous, obtuse, puerile, malapropos, incongruous, cretinous, gauche, platitudinous, vacuous, inept, and just-plain-dumb set of lyrics.

IT'S TOO LONG TO ADD TO MY SIG!!! :scream:

I must admit that I am partially at fault here, I meant to have those last two on my list.

The two UF b-sides would've been in the 50s or 60s for me. And Flower Child would've been in the top 100 somewhere.

Plus, come on, Flower Child! How can nobody vote for it? It's been U2's anthem since the Kunstmuseum!

The two UF b-sides would've been in the 50s or 60s for me. And Flower Child would've been in the top 100 somewhere.

Plus, come on, Flower Child! How can nobody vote for it? It's been U2's anthem since the Kunstmuseum!

I realize in retrospect that I didn't let myself use as many TUF songs as I wanted to. These days I like everything about that era more than anything else U2 has to offer. It's a phase I go through every now and then.

ok so I think Irishteen needs a :applaud::applaud::applaud:

Thanks for putting this all together. It was fun!

Yes, quite an effort. :up:

I realize in retrospect that I didn't let myself use as many TUF songs as I wanted to. These days I like everything about that era more than anything else U2 has to offer. It's a phase I go through every now and then.

A fifth of my top fifty came from UF. ASOH, Pride, Wire, UF, Bad, ISS, The Three Sunrises, Love Comes Tumbling, Bass Trap, Boomerang II. Promenade would've made it too had there not been three NLOTH entrants to my top fifty.

There's been a lot of love lately for The Ground Beneath Her Feet, Electrical Storm, Zooropa, Lady With the Spinning Head and Window in the Skies among interferencers....the results reflect this as well.

There's been a lot of love lately for The Ground Beneath Her Feet, Electrical Storm, Zooropa, Lady With the Spinning Head and Window in the Skies

and for good reason! The Ground BHF, Electrical storm, Zooropa, and LWTSH are some of the coolest sounding melodic and just "pure U2" songs out there. If I was to think in my head what I thought of when someone brings up U2 I would probably think of one of these songs in my mind (or at least 90's U2, which in my mind defines U2) ZOO TV for me defines U2. :D

thanks irishteen...that was great...im really happy the NLOTH songs placed so high

Agreed. I understand the album just came out and, generally speaking, the reviews of the songs on the albums are reactionary and people get very excited. However, i have been listening to this album nonstop since it came out March 3 and i can officially say now that i really love the album and the songs. They aren't getting old at all. There are no One Step Closers or Wild Honeys on the album, and some songs, like Breathe, Magnificent, MOS, UC, NLOTH, are very very good imo.

Shadows and Tall Trees worse than THTBA?

The Ocean worse than Drunk Chicken, and um Mission Impossible?

Another Time, Another Place worse than Wild Honey?

Interference - disappointment all around. :(

Back
Top Bottom