Interference's Favorite U2 Song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I mean it's obviousy not a U2 album, strictly speaking. But if people wan't to get so fucking mad at people considering it a U2 album, then that's their time to waste. One of the most vocal critics has just come out and called this standalone album of original work by this seemingly separate band a compilation, so I don't know what the hell's going on anymore.

ANYWAY

U2 forums make up a very small percent of their fanbase. We're obviously not just talking about tour dates and where to download the songs for free. There are regular, very in depth discussions about all aspects of the bands music that goes way beyond the passing interest of "the 99%".

So with that in mind, take OST1, which is unlike anything else in U2's catalogue. I think when looking at this record in particular critically alongside the rest of their "official" work, I think it's perfectly alright to see it as a U2 record. It just adds to the discussion. Officially U2 or not, the album certainly served a purpose for the band creatively and is an important part of their 90s output. And, personally, yeah i've got it sat between Zooropa and Pop.[color=becausitsau2album][/color]

And make what you will of the fact that the album and Miss Sarajevo single were both included in The Complete U2, which Headache has just mentioned as I type this. It doesn't instantly make it U2, but it's obviously considered part of their official body of work as a whole.

I don't think anyone who doesn't have the album has an incomplete U2 collection, that they don't have "the complete picture" and are less of a fan as a result. I just didn't expect some people to chimp out quite as spectacularly as this. And I certainly didn't expect them to essentially call people philistines for not being arty and open minded enough to "understand" what they were doing by not committing commercial suicide. Bollocks.

Regardless of how the album began (is there even a definite answer?) thinking of it as a U2 album hurts no-one and the band's artistic cred doesn't need defending.

Last edited:
I mean it's obviousy not a U2 album, strictly speaking. But if people wan't to get so fucking mad at people considering it a U2 album, then that's their time to waste. One of the most vocal critics has just come out and called this standalone album of original work by this seemingly separate band a compilation, so I don't know what the hell's going on anymore.

I think this is the first time I actually participated in this silly debate, so to call me the most vocal is funny.

And you can still be standalone and original and be a compilation.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

First time too, to my knowledge. But I actually made sure to call you one of the most vocal. :wink:

hurting no-one thinks of it as a U2 album? fucking chill out it's a joke

(yes, of course. like I said, I just didn't expect such a reaction, thats all. :) )

hurting no-one thinks of it as a U2 album? fucking chill out it's a joke

Calm down. I was just saying those that think the other way aren't hurting anyone either.

It's just weird, some in here are coming off as if they're victims.

haha I am calm sorry I thought you'd get annoyed at that awful vice versa joke but would just laugh it off when you spotted the hidden blue message while quoting it. :lol:

haha I am calm sorry I thought you'd get annoyed at that awful vice versa joke but would just laugh it off when you spotted the hidden blue message while quoting it. :lol:

It doesn't hide on the phone app. ;) So it read weird.

No worries, we're good.

So is Miss Sarajevo or Slug Interference's Favorite U2 song? :wink:

Passengers/OS1 was Brian Eno's baby and the members of U2 were simply the midwives.

If it was a U2 album would it beat out Bomb for worst album cover?

It would beat the last 3 album covers easily.
All That You Can't Leave Behind was their last great album cover.

The album artwork for OS1 is pretty crappy, but the liner notes are by far and away the best. Hilarious stuff.

Following the rules of logic it is very simple to explain this to you.

All cows are cattle, but not all cattle are cows.

Besides, Freedom For My People and The Star Spangled Banners are on a U2 album. Last time I checked they are not U2 songs, defying your logic instantly. Plus, the album credits for Passengers make no mention of U2, so they do not share the same credits as U2 albums do.

Logic, what logic? :scratch:

Nice try.

The liner notes are the same as on NLOTH: they list the individual members, not the band as a whole. Sometimes U2 list the members, sometimes they just call themselves "U2."

Freedom For My People and Star Spangled Banner are on a U2 album, but they were not written or performed by U2, so they are not U2 songs.

:wave:

I just found this thread. The issue of Passengers is brought up in the third post, and lasts for the whole first page. I thought, well that could take awhile, so I skipped to the last page to see if any progress had been made to find out what Interference's favorite U2 song is...

...and nope. Guess the last 8 pages have literally been people arguing as to whether or not Passengers is U2.

(by the way, yes it is)

I just found this thread. The issue of Passengers is brought up in the third post, and lasts for the whole first page. I thought, well that could take awhile, so I skipped to the last page to see if any progress had been made to find out what Interference's favorite U2 song is...

...and nope. Guess the last 8 pages have literally been people arguing as to whether or not Passengers is U2.

(by the way, yes it is)

That's because the second post literally states Interference's favourite U2 song. It is Streets, we've had countless polls over the years and every single time Streets was on top when it came to favourites.

Back
Top Bottom