Interference getting quieter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, this place is getting more hostile than it used to be and I wonder sometimes if new members and new U2 fans are getting too scared to say anything or ask questions. I've seen several instances where a new member starts a thread about something and certain people immediately say things like, "Not another one of these threads!" or "This has been discussed a million times already." How are they supposed to know that it's been talked about before, and how are new fans ever going to learn new things if they get chastised for being curious? I don't see why it's so hard to politely answer their questions instead of acting like an elitist know-it-all.

Well some threads are asking for it.

I just try to avoid the threads like that. I have had a few negative encounters, but not many. I just watch where I post, and if I have an opinion and I decide to post it, I prepare to defend it.

Most times, I just read the thread, enjoy the banter, but keep my opinions to myself.:reject:

the thing is this is by far the best/most interesting thread in EYKIW in a long time.

This.

there's a reason i don't participate in the setlist parties any more, they were much more fun in 2005 #isitjustme?

And this.

Speaking as a former EYKIW regular, I have next-to-no interest in this part of Interference any more. While I perceive the level of discussion to be below the past standard, I've no doubt some of that perception is because I've long since moved on from being the massive U2 fanlad I was in 2003-05.

I think the attitude some members haver here are a bit rude,

Or maybe it's just you.

This.

And this.

Speaking as a former EYKIW regular, I have next-to-no interest in this part of Interference any more. While I perceive the level of discussion to be below the past standard, I've no doubt some of that perception is because I've long since moved on from being the massive U2 fanlad I was in 2003-05.

Or maybe it's just you.

Yeah we don't have entirely fake setlist parties anymore where YOU-a webmaster of a popular fansite--purposely mislead a whole thread with a made up show. Below the level of discussion? I think not.

welcome-to-int.jpg

Well just to be fair I personally find that funnier than the jokes/memes in the setlist parties. But that's me and there's a lot of different personalities on these boards.

The setlist parties, although still fun, contain the same photos/gifs being posted for the same song in every thread. I don't want to see that goddamed bouncing squirrel every time I decide to take a peek at a setlist party thread.

Well just to be fair I personally find that funnier than the jokes/memes in the setlist parties. But that's me and there's a lot of different personalities on these boards.

It's a message board.. Some shit is going to be funny, some shit isn't going to be funny, and some shit is going to beat to a horrible death then rise again. That's how it is anywhere. People like what they like.

I first started coming here in like '06ish, right in the middle of that "we're no longer on tour or doing anything that anyone cares about but it's okay because we're gonna write a book and then go to Fez in like a year-and-a-half and no one's gonna know wtf we've been doing all this time but it's all good because we're U2" period. It was so much more fun when everyone had to differ to general/pointless band discussion and creating a running joke within the fan base about how they're not doing sh1t in lieu of album/tour/relative high-point that we've had since the NLOTH era.

This was during the time when the @U2 Achtoon Baby was the most exciting U2-related thing I had to look forward to. That lady is amazing.

Yeah we don't have entirely fake setlist parties anymore where YOU-a webmaster of a popular fansite--purposely mislead a whole thread with a made up show. Below the level of discussion? I think not.

Still butt-hurt after all these years.

The setlist parties, although still fun, contain the same photos/gifs being posted for the same song in every thread. I don't want to see that goddamed bouncing squirrel every time I decide to take a peek at a setlist party thread.

I wasn't even online when that went down I read it in a recent thread.. but ok.

It was real professional :rolleyes:

Didn't you dupe the tour forum with a fake stream?

People that participate in the setlist parties know my streams are coming from my bootleg collection. I've said and posted about it many times. I never said they were real. Sure, the first one or two shows in October of 09 I made like they were real, but after that and especially for the 10-11 legs I've made it known that it is preshow-or if there is no feed- pure concert entertainment.

bono_212 said:

Sounds like the slogan for an EYKIW reunion tour. They're promoting their new greatest hits collection Bitch Bitch Bitch.

Sounds like the slogan for an EYKIW reunion tour. They're promoting their new greatest hits collection Bitch Bitch Bitch.

Starring smash hits such as Why Can't U2 Be More Like Radiohead? and The Drunken McGuinness Song.

People that participate in the setlist parties know my streams are coming from my bootleg collection. I've said and posted about it many times. I never said they were real. Sure, the first one or two shows in October of 09 I made like they were real, but after that and especially for the 10-11 legs I've made it known that it is preshow-or if there is no feed- pure concert entertainment.

Given the amount of times people try to tweet your stream to me on U2gigs whenever an actual feed goes down, you're fooling shitloads more people than the Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein ever did. Hell, it even tricked Matkin one day. Most of these people, Matkin included, aren't Interferencers, so how exactly are they to know you "said and posted about it many times"? Especially if they aren't in on the trollface meme?

(With regards to the Kunstmuseum, 1. it was not actually originally my idea, and it was a group effort, even though I made the first post, and 2. it was so obviously a gag that we were amazed anybody fell for it, since we didn't expect to get more than five songs in. The practical joke that went horribly right.)

Given the amount of times people try to tweet your stream to me on U2gigs whenever an actual feed goes down, you're fooling shitloads more people than the Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein ever did. Hell, it even tricked Matkin one day. Most of these people, Matkin included, aren't Interferencers, so how exactly are they to know you "said and posted about it many times"? Especially if they aren't in on the trollface meme?

(With regards to the Kunstmuseum, 1. it was not actually originally my idea, and it was a group effort, even though I made the first post, and 2. it was so obviously a gag that we were amazed anybody fell for it, since we didn't expect to get more than five songs in. The practical joke that went horribly right.)

Not my fault people outside interference pick up on my stream. Then again, I really don't have to be concerned about that because I don't run a popular website so I don't have to maintain any credibility.

When I read through that thread you were posting the setlist the whole thread, don't try to pass the buck off on other people. You run a website a lot of people visit so when you post a thread like that people listen. Don't play that game "oh my I'm surprised anybody fell for it!"

Whalers in a double-landlocked country...

Yep, this place is getting more hostile than it used to be and I wonder sometimes if new members and new U2 fans are getting too scared to say anything or ask questions. I've seen several instances where a new member starts a thread about something and certain people immediately say things like, "Not another one of these threads!" or "This has been discussed a million times already." How are they supposed to know that it's been talked about before, and how are new fans ever going to learn new things if they get chastised for being curious? I don't see why it's so hard to politely answer their questions instead of acting like an elitist know-it-all.

...been there, done that on other forums where I had the crazy 45,000 post count and rolled my eyes at such insolence from people with a mere 95 posts, and.... regretted it later.

Here I have [this might be 100] less than a hundred, even though I have lurked for years [2003>] and signed on more recently [2008], mind you probably my music-forum mad post count years are over...

Back
Top Bottom