Interference family - let's come together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

womanfish

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
So, as most of you know, SOI took it on the chin by several indie music sites almost the instant the album came out. All reviews from them were preloaded to destroy the band no matter what they released. The two main ones were Stereogum and Consequence of Sound.
The reviewer at COS, went straight to Twitter and pronounced that he just "shit on Songs of Innocence".

Well now that same site is having their annual readers poll. And I am asking for us all to come together and fill out the poll on their site this year. And of course placing SOI in one of the slots for best album. The rest is up to you.

I think if we get a couple hundred votes in there, it would be awesome to give them a little jab.

Also if anyone is a member of @U2 or other forums I would appreciate u spreading it around. U can feel free to copt and paste this post.

Here is the link

Readers’ Poll 2014 | Consequence of Sound

I noticed something funny on CoS. Everybody in the comments bitched and moaned about the iTunes release. Then a month or so ago, they published an article with a typically stupid statement about U2 from Sinead O'Conner. In the comments for that article, it's almost like there was backlash against the original backlash, and 95% of the hundreds of commentors were either saying that Sinead should shut her pie hole, or telling people who were bitching about the release method to stop being whiny babies.

Yeah it's not about the commenters. Most would actually stuck up for the band a lot. BUT, this is about the people who run this site. I truly don't think they went a day for two months without a negative U2 story.
Every interview they had they would ask the musician about U2. It's an odd obsession that I would really love to rub back in their faces a bit.

We have the numbers if we all take just a few minutes

Thanks in advance

It certainly doesn't place in my top 5 for the year.

I'm not saying u have to be honest. It lands in my top 5 but it's not number 1. This is more about giving a little jab to one of the main sites that inexplicably have a burning hatred of U2 with no real reasons. Whose reviews were utter nonsense.

Thanks for doing it everyone! Many hands make light work. We spend a lot of time talking about bullshit around here. This is at least a fun little project.

I submitted mine. Back in the 80s-90s U2 would win these readers polls regularly but since 2000 it has become a lot more difficult.

It certainly doesn't place in my top 5 for the year.

I wouldn't even consider it for my top thirty, and I couldn't care less what some other site writes about U2. People here put too much energy into caring what other randoms on the Internet think.

I submitted mine. Back in the 80s-90s U2 would win these readers polls regularly but since 2000 it has become a lot more difficult.

Funny how that correlates with their music not being as good.

I just fucked shit up in that poll

Sent from my ass crack

LOL. :applaud: Thanks gvox. For some reason I knew I could count on you for that.

Listen, I don't care if you don't want to participate. Asking why should anyone care what an indie site says, is just sorta stupid. What does it matter what anyone says here? or anywhere on the internet or FB or whatever.

This site just happens to have a personal grudge against a band that must be one of your favorites (or why would you be here) and brags that they "shit" on them.

So whether you care or not, or think the album actually is the best or not, is really not a concern. Just thought it would be fun to fuck up their little poll a bit.

Thanks again for those who are pitching in. And again, if anyone would be so kind as to spread that link to other U2 fan sites, I would appreciate it. I think a couple hundred votes for SOI could do the trick.

LOL. :applaud: Thanks gvox. For some reason I knew I could count on you for that.

Listen, I don't care if you don't want to participate. Asking why should anyone care what an indie site says, is just sorta stupid. What does it matter what anyone says here? or anywhere on the internet or FB or whatever.

This site just happens to have a personal grudge against a band that must be one of your favorites (or why would you be here) and brags that they "shit" on them.

So whether you care or not, or think the album actually is the best or not, is really not a concern. Just thought it would be fun to fuck up their little poll a bit.

Thanks again for those who are pitching in. And again, if anyone would be so kind as to spread that link to other U2 fan sites, I would appreciate it. I think a couple hundred votes for SOI could do the trick.

Why is it stupid to ask why you care?

It's exactly what you say, what people on here say does not matter at all either... it's an online forum, people say shit on the internet, why should you let it get to you so much? Why does it matter to you what other people think of U2? They're YOUR favourite band, why should that change because some random asshat with a computer is writing something dumb and hateful on them?

I just don't see why you would waste your energy getting worked up over shit on the internet. Avoid the comments section on youtube clips then...

I love U2, but I couldn't give a rats ass what the rest of the world thinks of them. I'm the one who is listening to them, not the rest of the world. If they wanna hate on them, their loss. They're missing out on some pretty damn good music.

Why is it stupid to ask why you care?

It's exactly what you say, what people on here say does not matter at all either... it's an online forum, people say shit on the internet, why should you let it get to you so much? Why does it matter to you what other people think of U2? They're YOUR favourite band, why should that change because some random asshat with a computer is writing something dumb and hateful on them?

I just don't see why you would waste your energy getting worked up over shit on the internet. Avoid the comments section on youtube clips then...

I love U2, but I couldn't give a rats ass what the rest of the world thinks of them. I'm the one who is listening to them, not the rest of the world. If they wanna hate on them, their loss. They're missing out on some pretty damn good music.

You do understand that by you visiting and commenting on this thread, now twice, that you are going against everything that you are posting about right?

My whole point is that with all the time and energy we spend here arguing about stupid shit, and contradicting eachother, that you could use just a moment of that time and energy to have a little fun with an anti-U2 website. If you don't want to that's cool. I'm sure some do.

You do understand that by you visiting and commenting on this thread, now twice, that you are going against everything that you are posting about right?

My whole point is that with all the time and energy we spend here arguing about stupid shit, and contradicting eachother, that you could use just a moment of that time and energy to have a little fun with an anti-U2 website. If you don't want to that's cool. I'm sure some do.

Not really, I'm honestly trying to understand what moves someone to spend their precious energy and time on these random indie internet sites that won't change their opinion on your favourite bands, no matter how much you tell them so.

Not really, I'm honestly trying to understand what moves someone to spend their precious energy and time on these random indie internet sites that won't change their opinion on your favourite bands, no matter how much you tell them so.

The same motivation that has millions of teenage girls posting selfies with their copies of 1989 just because Taylor told them to? Love for an artist/band. Nothing more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

I only did the best albums of 2014 part. I didn't need to keep going right?

were you able to submit it at that point? I know they ask for an email at the end. and then you hit submit or save or something. I doubt you have to fill in all the subjects. Thanks for doing it!!

Usually I see a thread like this and I roll my eyes...but this time, I'm going to make an exception. And that's simply because of that fucking tweet. It was so unprofessional and it pissed me off so much at the time that some good ole armchair revenge sounds nice.

Usually I see a thread like this and I roll my eyes...but this time, I'm going to make an exception. And that's simply because of that fucking tweet. It was so unprofessional and it pissed me off so much at the time that some good ole armchair revenge sounds nice.

That's what got me too! thanks for taking a minute to do it.

Back
Top Bottom