Image on the Internet Blatantly Rips Off U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PhilsFan

Blue Crack Addict
vicious-cycle.jpg

This clearly is a joke ripped off from an obscure song people would never trace back to U2.

"A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle." - Bono, 1991

That line right there is Bono's own original work. He put his blood, sweat, and tears into that line. He probably spent weeks aching over what to put at that particular junction. And then he creatively came up with it all on his own.

He probably never imagined his creativity would end up as a JPEG image popping up on someone's Google search in 2010. First of all, Google didn't exist. Second, he believes in good people. And this artist, he's not a good people. He's a bad people.

Come forth, oh guilty artist. Show the masses your shame. It's the least you can do to fix this unimaginable crime.

My college roommate got a tatoo of a fish on a bicycle.

This was probably 1992 or 1993, so I'll report her to Bono immediately.

I'm 99.7490112% positive that's a Womanfish on the bike.

I just "out-obscure-referenced-U2" on all of you. None of you are real fans like me, deal with it.

There's been a lot of talk about this thread. This thread is not a serious thread. This thread is... satire, bloody satire.

"Irina Dunn, a distinguished Australian educator, journalist and politician, coined the phrase back in 1970 when she was a student at the University of Sydney. She paraphrased the philosopher who said, 'Man needs God like fish needs a bicycle.'" ~ Gloria Steinem, letter to Time magazine, 2000

Bono stole the line from a woman. Just like all men have been doing to women for thousands of years. Why doez he liez?

:lol: it's just, the paul mcguinness bashing just gets old after a while. he's a manager, his job is to make money for the band. he wouldn't be an effective manager if he didn't do this. calling him mcguinne$$ to be is just so...lame.

He's a manager whose name is actually known to us, that bothers me, he takes too tight of a grip on the band, and yes, it makes him look like a greedy bastard, so I have no problem with the name.

Back
Top Bottom