If you could assign a U2 album for each month of the year, what would it be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catman

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Simple (if odd) question... I was just thinking about which albums best fit the seasons/ months of the year. It may be a little tricky in that you might want to squeeze a few records into one month (say, November, for example), but try to keep it 1 per month. I'll begin, yah...

January - Zooropa (beginning of the year, it's cold and leaves me in a very uncertain state)
February - October
March - The Joshua Tree
April - Boy
May - No Line on the Horizon
June - War
July - POP (hottest time of the year, and POP just seems like a summer, hot & sticky, record... even if it's a little black)
August - All That You Can't Leave Behind (I'm just imagining school starting up, and this record tends to play on my first day of class)
September - Rattle & Hum
October - Achtung, Baby! (just dark, sexy, and a little mysterious... I love this month)
November - The Unforgettable Fire (yeah, I know "Indian Summer Sky" is on here, but the record has that "fall" flavor)
December - How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb (probably the band's most joyous record, and even if I find the album fairly 1 (maybe 2) dimensional (like your typical Christmas jingle), I can't help but feel slightly uplifted and a bit joyous when a few of these tunes begin to play)

So that's how I'd fit the albums. I know the topic doesn't really make much sense, but what else are we going to talk about? Another "POP is underrated!!" or "OMG WHY DOESN'T AXVER HATE ONE SO MUCH??!11 WTFLOL"...

Simple (if odd) question... I was just thinking about which albums best fit the seasons/ months of the year. It may be a little tricky in that you might want to squeeze a few records into one month (say, November, for example), but try to keep it 1 per month. I'll begin, yah...

January - Zooropa (beginning of the year, it's cold and leaves me in a very uncertain state)
February - October
March - The Joshua Tree
April - Boy
May - No Line on the Horizon
June - War
July - POP (hottest time of the year, and POP just seems like a summer, hot & sticky, record... even if it's a little black)
August - All That You Can't Leave Behind (I'm just imagining school starting up, and this record tends to play on my first day of class)
September - Rattle & Hum
October - Achtung, Baby! (just dark, sexy, and a little mysterious... I love this month)
November - The Unforgettable Fire (yeah, I know "Indian Summer Sky" is on here, but the record has that "fall" flavor)
December - How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb (probably the band's most joyous record, and even if I find the album fairly 1 (maybe 2) dimensional (like your typical Christmas jingle), I can't help but feel slightly uplifted and a bit joyous when a few of these tunes begin to play)

So that's how I'd fit the albums. I know the topic doesn't really make much sense, but what else are we going to talk about? Another "POP is underrated!!" or "OMG WHY DOESN'T AXVER HATE ONE SO MUCH??!11 WTFLOL"...

I agree with your list almost exactly, I'd just switch a few:

January - Zooropa - for the reason you stated exactly. :up:
February -October
March - JT
April - TUF
May - NLOTH
June - War
July - Pop
August - AB
September - ATYCLB
October - Boy
November - R&H
December - HTDAAB (always reminds me of Xmas because it's all I listened to in winter of '04-'05).

January - Zooropa. I find this a very clear, forward-looking album and the beginning of the year is supposed to be that way I guess. Also the month I first heard it. =p

March/April - Probably HTDAAB. I listened to this one a lot when the snow was melting and spring was breaking through in 2005, and I find it has a very raw, obvious feeling to it that the sudden appearance of sunshine and grass reminds me of.

June/July - Pop and ATYCLB. The brightest sounding albums to me with the widest array of 'colours' on each. They are opposite ends of the emotional spectrum, though. Good pairing for manic-depressives.

December - The Unforgettable Fire. There's nothing like walking to school in the pitch black, absolutely no wind, with clean white snow coming down with ASOH stuck in my head! (That doesn't sound very glamorous does it.)

Jan - Boy
Feb - NLOTH
Mar - October
Apr - War
May - UF
Jun - AB
Jul - Zooropa
Aug - POP
Sep - R&H
Oct - JT
Nov -HTDAAB
Dec - ATYCLB

Interesting experiment, some of these kinda work out to the time of year in which I first heard the album, and the 90's albums dominate the winter months which seems SO appropriate cause I'm on a real 90's bender at the moment...

January - War
February - Bomb
March - Rattle And Hum
April -The Unforgettable Fire
May - Boy
June - Zooropa
July - No Line On The Horizon
August - Pop
September - The Joshua Tree
October - October
November - All That You Cant Leave Behind
December - Achtung Baby

January - War (New Year's Day!)
February - All That You Can't Leave Behind
March - No Line on The Horizon (Among other reasons; released then.)
April - The Unforgettable Fire (early morning, April 4...)
May - How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
June - Pop (Hottest album.)
July - Zooropa (Long days, the sun still up after 8 pm...)
September - The Joshua Tree
October - October (no brainer...)
November - Rattle and Hum
December - Achtung Baby (Wintry album art, and I have a lot of memories walking through blizzards with my walkman on listening to it.)

Jan- October
Feb- Boy
Mar- No Line On The Horizon
Apr- Zooropa
May- How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
Jun- Rattle & Hum
Jul- The Unforgettable Fire
Aug- The Joshua Tree
Sep- War
Oct- Under A Blood Red Sky
Nov- Pop
Dec- Achtung Baby

I don't see how February could be October. I mean, October is pretty straightforward...
I can understand this in regards to the song "October," but as a whole, the record just gels better as a winter record (IMO, of course). I have the same sentiment in regards to "The Unforgettable Fire" - sure, it has the song Indian SUMMER Sky, but as far as I'm concerned, the album is trickled with autumn colors.
It's not so much the song titles that I derive which albums fit with which months, but how the record and time of year coincide in influencing my demeanor.

january: zooropa
february: the unforgettable fire
march: no line on the horizon
april: the joshua tree
may: all that you can't leave behind
june: war
july: rattle and hum
august: pop
september: how to dismantle an atomic bomb
october: october
november: boy
december: achtung baby