If You Could Ask U2 One Question....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeyJB

Refugee
So, if you had the chance to put one question to U2 what would it be? Try and think of something other than the pressing issue at present - 'When will Songs of Ascent be out?', but something that has really intrigued you that you'd really love an answer to.

Mine would have to be - what really went on backstage during those Zoo TV days? I'm quite sure Bill Flanaghan's excellent book portrays them in a certain light and I'm willing to bet there was a fair amount of decadence in that 1991-1993 period that they did well to keep underwraps.

If it'll be a question they will HAVE to answer seriously it's an easy one.

Why hasn't Acrobat ever been tried live?

I don't want any bullshit about Edge meditating in a tree, I want the real answer.

i would probably ask them what they'd do if one of the members died.

i'm serious. i've always wondered that. i mean, yes, Bono and Edge are pretty hard to replace. no disrespect to Larry or Adam, but i've always felt that if one of them were to croak early, they probably could find a replacement and keep on trucking.

^Well I think they wouldn't carry on if one of them died (though I really don't like this thought:sad:).

I'd ask them what their favourite song is and not the last one they made but just really the one that they think is their best achievement ever.

Please be sure to have someone take a picture of the exact moment of Bono's fist hitting your face. :wink:

i'm serious. i've always wondered that. i mean, yes, Bono and Edge are pretty hard to replace. no disrespect to Larry or Adam, but i've always felt that if one of them were to croak early, they probably could find a replacement and keep on trucking.

Please don't ask them this! :O

I'd ask Bono if I can get his daughter's phone number.

Imagine you go to their house to pick up his daughter, and Bono is on the front porch with a shotgun sayin' "Have her home by 10 or else..." Chk chk

I'd ask "If you strip me down and search me and discover I have no wire, no recording technology of any kind, can I please go into the vault of unreleased songs and listen through them all?" Although I doubt there is an actual vault, maybe there is a top secret folder on Edge's laptop.

Or "When is Songs of Ascent coming out?" ;)

:ohmy: :eek: :sad::sad::sad::sad:

I have a lot of questions to ask them, one would be

How come you never played a man and a woman live? (at least on an acoustic set) and thanks for that IGCIIDGCT remix! i'll thank them for that.

Okay, here's my question:

How do you continue making such amazing music so "late" in your career after much of the critical press has written you off as The Rolling Stones?

If people are not aware, U2 is planning to invest millions into creating a temporary open air stadium in Montreal for two concerts in July and then have the stadium torn down afterwards. I would love to ask them how and why they came up with this idea and if they are planning to film the concerts.

What really went on backstage during those October days? I'm quite sure Courtney Love's anecdotes portray them in a certain light and I'm willing to bet there was a fair amount of decadence in that 1981-1982 period that they did well to keep underwraps.

Me: "Will you adopt me?"
Them: "You're 25 years old and have parents."
Me: "...so?"

Can I spend a whole day with the four of you to see what your lives are like?? :D:D :hmm:

And a more dow-to-earth one :lol:: Where do you find new inspiration when a tour is over?? How do you manage to "re-build" your carrer from scratch and still be U2??

:hmm:

For the band: There was a clip of the soundcheck/rehearsal of Drowning Man that a fan took from outside the stadium before one of the first shows on the European leg, and also the "1 Day to 360" countdown video on U2.com... They both sounded quite good, so I'm wondering why the song make didn't the setlist (IMO it would've fit where they were putting YBR/Stay/etc in the set...)

For Adam: Inquiring bass fans want to know... did you end up using the Buzzard bass for the recording of I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight? (Which is one of the things I plan on asking him if I manage to meet him this year :wink:)

Of the top of my head, since I just recently read the booklet that came with TUF, I'd like to ask Edge why he's in denial about how amazing "Love Comes Tumbling" is.

Back
Top Bottom