I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For- Appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smashing Lemon

Babyface
For some reason I felt compelled to listen to this one on head phones last night. It has always been one of my favorites, but I might have to upgrade it to near perfection.
You gotta listen on headphones; the way the layers come in and out, and the rhythms bounce off each other, is pure genius. That bass line - understated brillance. And the vocal lines:drool:
In terms of song craft, they don't get much better than this.

Even though it didn't get into my top 50 in Irishteens recent poll, I still really love the song, some of Bono's best vocals.

Does anyone else hear SBS very, very faintly at the very end of this track?

Hmmm...there's a little guitar part that comes in; sounds similar, but that's cause Edge plays the same thing all the time:wink:
:ohsnap:

I'd actually like to know what Bono's saying at the end, if anyone here speaks fade-out.

This is THE song that got me into U2 so it will always have a special place with me...
:up: I heared the song on the radio in the late nineties. I was 14 or 15 years old. I really liked the song, did some research about U2. Bought The Best of 1980-1990 and it became my favorite band from that moment:D

^Bono said something to that effect at Syracuse University on the JT Tour, "A gospel song...a restless spirit"
I just got it from there, changed it up a bit :)

This song has grown on me immensely over the past two years. I used to dismiss it as an overplayed single that I'd heard on the radio all my life, so it was kind of overlooked by myself when I thought about what were my favourite U2 songs. Then something clicked, and it's just the most magical song. One of U2's finest moments. Possily my second favourite track off Joshua, when about 2 years ago it wouldn't have been in my top 6 from that album.

This song has grown on me immensely over the past two years. I used to dismiss it as an overplayed single that I'd heard on the radio all my life, so it was kind of overlooked by myself when I thought about what were my favourite U2 songs. Then something clicked, and it's just the most magical song. One of U2's finest moments.

Same thing happened to me :)

Been to Vegas twice...can't walk down the street without hearing the song in my head. In fact, first time I went, had to blare the song out of our car and into the streets.

The song is a new hymn, gospel classic. U2 has a few hymns, and this one may be their best.

Absolutely. Isn't there an isolated version of the vocals from that Making of The Joshua Tree video?

YouTube - Classic Albums: The Joshua Tree (Part 1)
4:00 it starts, not sure if it's what you're talking about.

I LOVE this song. It fits so perfectly into TJT. So catchy but actually meaningful. Everyone can relate to the lyrics at some point in their life. I'm kinda sad that Freemont Street looks sort of different with the whole giant roof screen on it. I don't know, it's just not the same.

I adore this song. Insistent, highly memorable guitar work, incredible vocals from Bono, and some fantastic lyrical imagery. It will always be a classic IMO, and, in the studio, it's my favorite of the three big singles from TJT. Live, it's probably Streets.

I LOVE this song. It fits so perfectly into TJT. So catchy but actually meaningful. Everyone can relate to the lyrics at some point in their life. I'm kinda sad that Freemont Street looks sort of different with the whole giant roof screen on it. I don't know, it's just not the same.

Yup, that's it. Thanks!

Drums sounds like "Desert of Our Love"

Back
Top Bottom