I need your help...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Green Eyes

War Child
Road Trippin' Across The Universe to Zoo Station
Ok, so I'm doing this 9 to 11 minute speech in my Public Speaking class on U2. I have to be prepared by Monday night. I have to have a power-point and 2 other visuals. I'm going to be making a poster of all things U2 and showing either a music video or a video from a concert (I was thinking from ZooTV). Now the video can only be one minute long. What music or concert video do you guys think I should show to my class? I was thinking about using either Stay (Faraway So Close), Original Of The Species, Please, One, or Where The Streets Have No Name. So tell me what you all think.

The intro to Streets at Slane Castle, that first one minute, Bono starts running, and then explodes "I wanna run!" and that should just about end the minute....that's one of the most epic u2 moments in history...I'd show that :up:

Ok, so I'm doing this 9 to 11 minute speech in my Public Speaking class on U2. I have to be prepared by Monday night. I have to have a power-point and 2 other visuals. I'm going to be making a poster of all things U2 and showing either a music video or a video from a concert (I was thinking from ZooTV). Now the video can only be one minute long. What music or concert video do you guys think I should show to my class? I was thinking about using either Stay (Faraway So Close), Original Of The Species, Please, One, or Where The Streets Have No Name. So tell me what you all think.

other than U2 in general does your speech have a theme? is there a particular part of the speech that would be strengthened even more with a video?

Dont bore them with slow songs, they just wouldnt understand it

Running to Stand Still from Zoot V.

I've imagined talking about U2 in class during Literature (I'd've loved to've studied lyrics) and use this song and video as my main discussion. I'd get so riled up.

Any performance of One.

Oh wait, you said 1 minute, well, you'd have a nice boring Bonospeech? :happy:

Nah, I'd go for Streets R&H dvd, the intro mostly, how it starts so slowly, and then explodes. I think that'll be a little more than a minute since it's still album-wise(intro is 1 minute, 47 seconds before the vocals kick in) but still, it'd be great!

What's the theme of the video?

If it's just generically U2, then show the Streets intro from Rattle and Hum.

Why?
1-Because it's their definitive live song.
2-Because the Zoo/Pop versions would not look as well 'out of context'
3-Because the less Bono to a non-U2 friendly crowd, the better
4-Because it's fucking awesome

I did the Streets in Slane Castle video. I showed the class could see the ending of Bono running then go into his "I want to run", then played the video for about a minute or so. I was very nervous because it was mine first time using a power-point. I didn't make it to 9 minutes, even with the video. :( I made this good poster and forgot to explain about it. I don't know, I just feel really bad about it. I think the class seemed to like the speech though. One student said that he never heard of U2 and that my speech really opened his eyes to the band. So that was good.

I did the Streets in Slane Castle video. I showed the class the ending of Bono running then going into his "I want to run", and played the video for about a minute or so. I was very nervous because it was mine first time using a power-point. I didn't make it to 9 minutes, even with the video. :( I made this good poster and forgot to explain about it. I don't know, I just feel really bad about it. The class liked the speech though. One student said that he never heard of U2 and that my speech really opened his eyes to the band. So that was good.
So there you go. It was a good presentation, but I was just nervous and wasn't able to make my time limit.

I did the Streets in Slane Castle video. I showed the class could see the ending of Bono running then go into his "I want to run", then played the video for about a minute or so. I was very nervous because it was mine first time using a power-point. I didn't make it to 9 minutes, even with the video. :( I made this good poster and forgot to explain about it. I don't know, I just feel really bad about it. I think the class seemed to like the speech though. One student said that he never heard of U2 and that my speech really opened his eyes to the band. So that was good.

ohhh, gooood choice :wink:

Hopefully the professor is a U2 fan :)

Back
Top Bottom