I need help to ID a U2 performance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok wait, I have something in mind but I can't remember the venue name. Hang on while I try to find it. :hmm:

Oh nevermind: that was indoor :doh:

There's another I'm looking for too though. :hmm:

If Bono played guitar, between 2000-2005 that can narrow it down for performances.

Kite on Elevation tour he played acoustic on
I Will Follow on Elevation tour electric

For the vertigo tour.. hmm, not much springs to mind.
I'll get back on this

Please tell me these aren't the only times you saw Bono playing a geetar on these tours...:sad:

:wink:

There sort of is. U2Start is a bootleg website with a nice search engine. I think it will let you search by recording type, and let you choose some sort of a "pro-shot" or "broadcast" category. That site itself may just have audio of this specific broadcast, but it could at least give you a useful listing.

That's a good resource, thanks! I'm going through some songs and concerts there, and, even back to Youtube, some.

I'm glad to amuse some of the other commenters. Now, I want to find this piece even more, to prove I'm not mad.

No, can't really say if Bono played guitar on the song: the mind plays tricks, and, I can see it either way!

Weird thread. Can the OP name the song?

Is it Hawkmoon 269 from the never officially released pro shot footage from Sydney in 1989?

That's a good thought, although not in the era that OP thought it was. Still, it's a fantastic performance that's very much worth watching.

That's a good thought, although not in the era that OP thought it was. Still, it's a fantastic performance that's very much worth watching.

It might well be the greatest ever live thing from U2 ever recorded for our viewing pleasure. Stunning.

What got me thinking about this as the answer to the OP's question is the lighting. Bono is kind of 'illuminated' in an interesting way.

Weird thread. Can the OP name the song?

Is it Hawkmoon 269 from the never officially released pro shot footage from Sydney in 1989?

A good piece, but, not it. I also just rewatched the MTV footage of the Brooklyin Bridge concert, since the amateur videos I watched last week were so bad. I had watched it in 2004. I like, on the trip through NYC, when they bring up a local drummer to fill in on a song. The guy was elated. Seemed genuine, as opposed to a plant.

It might well be the greatest ever live thing from U2 ever recorded for our viewing pleasure. Stunning.

What got me thinking about this as the answer to the OP's question is the lighting. Bono is kind of 'illuminated' in an interesting way.

Is there a link to that or a way to see it? I'm curious now.

BYW, Op, I don't think you're mad. I had a lost photo and the folks over on PLEBA (inlcuding Bonocomet, who I see is on your case as well :wave:) very kindly refrained from making Nick's suggestion.

I just spoke with the OP and they said "come to think of it, it might have been Pearl Jam."

Kidding.

Nothing ringing a bell though. It's kind of vaguely reminiscent of Vertigo from Milan but everything about this is vague.

It does almost sound like a mixed memory that includes the WOWY Rattle and Hum performance. :hmm: No offense OP!! I had a couple ideas but they are indoors. Are you positive it was outdoors?

It does almost sound like a mixed memory that includes the WOWY Rattle and Hum performance. :hmm: No offense OP!! I had a couple ideas but they are indoors. Are you positive it was outdoors?

Yeah, outdoors. I remember the shift in lighting, from natural, to artificial. That's one reason I had thought it was from Brooklyn Bridge.

As I watched the piece in question, I was stunned by the visual. And, as it got even better, I was thinking, "this is incredible." I had watched R&H since then, and I don't recall even recognizing the similar effect.

OK, I just watched R&H, yet again. Besides lighting difference, the flow is missing. On R&H, there's a MLK piece before WOWY, and an interview segment, after. I'm looking for straight-through concert performance. There's also a camera angle/cut missing from R&H, looking upward from near or below Bono's feet.

Back
Top Bottom