I love Fez-being born

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdelbove

Acrobat
I love Fez-Being born - i think its one of the best songs on NLOTH - its very U2 but at the same time in a new direction. I love the space and feel of the song, the ringing guitars the drumming and the fact that bono lets room for the music by not singing to much - The wordless OOOOOOOHHHHH chorus is awsome i think Bono should sing wordlessly more -

ps the song is my ringtone too

I really love this song too. I still can't decide if this one or Unknown Caller is my favourite off NLOTH but Fez- Being Born is definitly in mytop 10 U2 songs. The intro sets a nice atmosphere and then Being Born really takes off. It creates a great sonic landscape. The lyrics, while they're not so important in this song and so spectacular, really suit the song. The only thing I can give it is :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Can someone explain to me what's so good about song??? :doh: I can't get it. I can't like it. The sounds, specially after the chorus makes my ears bleed... :sad:

I always like how when you listen on headphones, well in general too but obviously more apparent with headphones, how the let me in the sound-sound part goes from left channel to right channel and then from right to left back around the second time.

good song.

Eh, I think it'll be everyone against you when the time comes. I don't really know anyone else that dislikes Fez-BB apart from you.

But you'll never get a bigger bloodbath than the rating thread for One. :wink:

i love it. it's very reminiscent of indian summer sky and the unforgettable fire in general, that loose consciousness rather than a defined thought. the unexpected major chord after the "then heart sets sail' line makes my knees go weak every time.

i cut the intro off and use it as my ringtone too.

I love it too. It's one of their best songs of the decade and along with Cedars it's the most daring on the album. I wish it had been track 1 on NLOTH.

Brilliant song, love it to death. To me this track, Kingdom and Cedars all represent the spacey, looser kind of feel I was expecting from the whole album.

Yup, definitely one of my favorites from NLOTH. Some people may be mistaken when I say that I very rarely listens to the song but that's because I want each listen to feel fresh. When NLOTH was released I listened so much to Magnificent that the song stopped feeling fresh, it sort of wore out its role and started becoming just one of the bunch.

Seriously, U2's doing almost everything right when it comes to their experimental songs right now. The only thing they need to learn is that most fans will be happy with a completely experimental album without songs meant to be "hits". I think the '90s scared them off from doing that again (Zooropa and Pop are pretty decent albums for me, but they weren't nearly as successful as JT or AB for example), but I truly hope they'll try again. A full album with songs in the vein of Fez-Being Born would be awesome (may Songs of Ascent fulfill my wishes :heart:).

i love it. it's very reminiscent of indian summer sky and the unforgettable fire in general, that loose consciousness rather than a defined thought. the unexpected major chord after the "then heart sets sail' line makes my knees go weak every time.

i cut the intro off and use it as my ringtone too.

my ringtone also!

Fez is just one example of a song that is underrated on this album.
I don't care what anyone says, White as Snow and Cedars, are both underated.
But then again, I didn't expect them to be hits.

my favourite song from the album and decade.

shame it won't ever get appreciated like it should.

anyone else here the electric shaver in the background though?

my favourite song from the album and decade.

shame it won't ever get appreciated like it should.

anyone else here the electric shaver in the background though?

Oh yes, I adore that. Just another one of those little unique features you find in Fez - Being Born. :up:

I love this song. For me it's all about Bono- singing brilliantly in his TUF-era voice. I never thought I would hear that again!

This song, which I didn't like when I heard the first snippets from the album, turned into my favourite song on NLOTH. It's magic :love:

I love it too! Fez/Being Born is in the top few NLOTH tunes for me; along with
"No Line...", "Magnificent" and "Unknown Caller".

I love Fez-Being born - i think its one of the best songs on NLOTH - its very U2 but at the same time in a new direction. I love the space and feel of the song, the ringing guitars the drumming and the fact that bono lets room for the music by not singing to much - The wordless OOOOOOOHHHHH chorus is awsome i think Bono should sing wordlessly more -

ps the song is my ringtone too

'White as Snow' and 'Cedars...' might my least favorites on the album - but I still like them. I am not one of the one's that 'hates' on those two songs.

Fez is just one example of a song that is underrated on this album.
I don't care what anyone says, White as Snow and Cedars, are both underated.
But then again, I didn't expect them to be hits.

I love this song. For me it's all about Bono- singing brilliantly in his TUF-era voice. I never thought I would hear that again!

I don't hear the TUF-era voice in it, but I do agree that he sings it brilliantly and that it's a song to be loved!

Back
Top Bottom