I "heart" Passengers - Enjoy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Slug and Your Blue Room are some of their best work. Bono's vocal performance is simply perfect on those two tracks, on top of some of the most impressive sonic landscapes they've created.

I wasn't a huge fan of Miss Sarajevo, but it is a very good song. Beach Sequence is on the other hand a beautiful little number. Theme From Let's Go Native and Always Forever Now is some funky shit. Too bad they couldn't trim it up to 10 tracks or so, since there's plenty of filler in there. Elvis Ate America is so awful it's kinda good actually.

Slug and Your Blue Room are some of their best work. Bono's vocal performance is simply perfect on those two tracks, on top of some of the most impressive sonic landscapes they've created.

I wasn't a huge fan of Miss Sarajevo, but it is a very good song. Beach Sequence is on the other hand a beautiful little number. Theme From Let's Go Native and Always Forever Now is some funky shit. Too bad they couldn't trim it up to 10 tracks or so, since there's plenty of filler in there. Elvis Ate America is so awful it's kinda good actually.

They did this album in like six weeks. I'm sure they have tons of this kind of material in a vault somewhere but we'll have to wait for a box set after they retire.

It's definitely one of my favorite albums. I love the sound of them completely throwing out the whole concept of songs and seeing what happens, regardless of how aimless it sounds. Beach Sequence indeed is a masterpiece of going nowhere, which is what is great about it.

Here are some things the band had to say about it that I found a while back.

fucking love Passengers. Like a lovechild of Zooropa and Bowie's Heroes. Apparently there was a lot of unreleased stuff from the sessions. If they include OST1 in the remaster sets then I can't fucking wait for it. Along with Zooropa! :drool:

:drool:

sort of makes sense if they do put it out! Would love a nice hard-back 2CD box to go with all the others! a worthy replacement for my current copy that is well and truly battered.

would be a shame for them to just ignore it while they're FINALLY re-issuing their whole catalogue in the way most other bands have done.

fucking love Passengers. Like a lovechild of Zooropa and Bowie's Heroes. Apparently there was a lot of unreleased stuff from the sessions. If they include OST1 in the remaster sets then I can't fucking wait for it. Along with Zooropa! :drool:

I really hope they do this, but as they seem to keep it at arms length, even going by a different name to release it I'd be very surprised if they give it the same treatment as their other albums. Oh God I hope they do..

Elvis Ate America :heart:

Great album. Your Blue Room is definitly one of my personal favourite U2 songs.

Beach Sequence is quite pretty. I'm not big on the album myself, but Your Blue Room is as good as a lot of things they've done. And I'll listen to Miss Sarajevo or Always Forever Now every so often too.

Back
Top Bottom