I "heart" How to dismantle an atomic bomb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
(Warning: bitch forthcoming)

This thread is yet another example of why I (almost) don't post on this forum anymore. It started off nicely, then deteriorated into childish 3-word taunts, back-and-forth. What turns me off isn't the negativity (although that's bad enough), but the endless posting people make of the significance / uniqueness / interpretation of their own opinions.

Here's how to treat a forum about a band:
1) Read the thread topic and preceding posts.
2) Write a non-insulting, intelligent post that stays on topic.
3) Check the thread later to see if the discussion has progressed.
4) If the discussion has progressed, go down to #5.
If the discussion hasn't progressed (i.e. you killed the thread), stop posting on that thread. Log-out.
5) Consider whether you should post further. IF YOU HAVE ALREADY STATED YOUR OPINION, DON'T POST FURTHER. If your new post is going to be 4-words long, don't post. Above all, if your second/third/fourth/Eighteenth post is going to be arguing about how persecuted you are, how so-and-so is a knob, why your opinion is better than someone else's, or why no one listens to you, DO NOT POST.

Rant over.

Oh wait, I forgot to stay on topic...

I love HTDAAB as much now as the week it was released. I consider it one of U2's best collections of songs (which is what "album" means). The production doesn't bother me at all; I think it's great, actually. I suspect the overloaded volume would sound better on vinyl (or at least on analogue).

And thanks to the first poster(s) for the YouTube links -- those are good.

This thread is yet another example of why I (almost) don't post on this forum anymore. It started off nicely, then deteriorated into childish 3-word taunts, back-and-forth. What turns me off isn't the negativity (although that's bad enough), but the endless posting people make of the significance / uniqueness / interpretation of their own opinions.

If the discussion hasn't progressed (i.e. you killed the thread), stop posting on that thread. Log-out.
5) Consider whether you should post further. IF YOU HAVE ALREADY STATED YOUR OPINION, DON'T POST FURTHER. If your new post is going to be 4-words long, don't post. Above all, if your second/third/fourth/Eighteenth post is going to be arguing about how persecuted you are, how so-and-so is a knob, why your opinion is better than someone else's, or why no one listens to you, DO NOT POST.

Rant over.

Don't tell me how to post

Don't tell me how to post

I get the impression Internet forums and social interaction in general just aren't for 65890.

Following his fifth point in particular would lead to very stilted, bland, lifeless threads with no meaningful interaction.

True... but wasn't the band's intention on the last two records - "pop music/11 singles" ?

Rant over.
No :angry:

I love the bass guitar on COBL. It's like the main hook for the song. :drool: Go Adam!

I'll go along with that, the bass and the fantastic "whoo-oo-woo"'s!
I also really like AMAAW.
I think that what holds HTDAAB back for me is Miracle Drug. It's one of my least favourite songs they've ever done and the fact they put it second on the album just kills any momentum gained by putting Vertigo first. I feel that COBL should have been track1, followed by Vertigo. I'd have cut Miracle Drug out completely and added Fast Cars to every version of the album.
Not sure if I would have included Mercy or not, I probably would have put it in, I would certainly have included it ahead of MD.

I remember when it leaked and everyone here was praising the songs upon early listening. I remember downloading it song by song on dial up.. I had a girl whom I was kind of seeing at the time, she spent the night with me and the next day I was ignoring her for the most part while I was downloading the songs and reading posts here..

Oh, but I did play the songs for her! Haha. I always felt bad about that. I wonder whatever happened to her.

I think after the tour got underway I began to appreciate the album a bit more. The 3D movie showcased the songs nicely. Love and Peace seemed like such a killer live song.

I wonder how much of the material will make it into the next tour and phase of U2.

Next week will be Bomb's 4th birthday. While not my favorite U2 album, its got a number of great songs on it. City of Blinding Lights is my favorite track.

Back
Top Bottom