I "heart" ATYCLB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A great album, very underrated, although it's not perfect. It contains songs with passion and emotion such as Beautiful Day (one of my absolute favourites), Walk On (First time I heard it I felt a tad teary), Kite (An amazing tune, love that long note Bono hits after that short Edge guitar part), When I Look At The World (Great lyrics, very heartfelt, amazing with that soaring guitar song), Stuck (Wonderful tune, I always though lyrically it was top notch, plus I like to sing along to it), New York (A nice rocking tune, it really does feel like New York to me)

The others are great although they could've been improved a little bit. :up:

I'll second ATYCLB as a great one and I don't understand those who say the 2nd half is inferior. Those are some powerful songs. Even Grace at the end provides a quiet, reflective conclusion to this wonderful album.

i seriously get sick by this album. the only worthwhile songs are "wild honey" and "when i look at the world". the rest of the songs come off as religious/tree hugging/emo pandering to me. what is it that bono used to call it? "wallpaper music". this is 1 of the 2, u2 albums that i never bothered to buy or download.
i know a whole bunch of you are going to take offense at what i said, but oh well. my kid likes it, so i guess it can't be all that bad.

lol i have every U2 album(except for :atyclb: and :bomb:
but i do have "stuck in a moment" and "original of the species" on my computer.
shhhhhhh dont tell anyone.

My first U2 cd. I was a casual fan. I saw them during the Elevation tours, and instanly became a U2 fan for life. I first downloaded ATYCLB off Napster. I bought the cd when it first came out. I wound up buying all the
U2 albums. I still love the album.

(My only complaint about ATYCLB -- the mix. Bono's voice is WAY too high in most of the mixes, and there's not enough bass and drums, notably on "Beautiful Day", which sounds immensely better when cranked up to ten.)

This one goes up to eleven...

:wink:

I still wonder why they didn't put TGBHF on every album. Amazing, amazing song. Beautiful Day still remains in my top 5 U2 songs, regardless of how much it's played on the radio or how much people categorize it as throwaway crowd/critic-pleasing pop.

Yeah! weird thing; i used to feel like it was nothing but a throwaway crowd pleaser (mostly because random people would sing it aloud to me when i passed them while wearing a u2 shirt. I thought U2 would be doomed to be forever remembered for BD alone) but then @ the November 3rd show in 2005 @ the staples center the song (and it's performance) brought a tear to my eye... and then i started crying a little (i am not ashamed) and ever since I have had a new appreciation for that song.

I agree that Ground Beneath Her Feet shoulda been on all versions of the album. It's an awesome song. Beautiful vocal performance. The drums and The Edge's ethereal guitar in the intro are the perfect opener to the all around beautiful song. Great lyrics by Salmon Rushdie.

Kite has got to be one of my favorite U2 songs. the live performance on the Boston dvd is very nice. the melody just flows oh so well... yea

Back
Top Bottom