I heard Magnificent last night....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoopop

Rock n' Roll Doggie
At a "Coldplay" concert. Not trying to pick a fight here, just letting everyone know they played it loud right before the band took stage (sort of like Wake Up). Show was in San Antonio so only a few people were dancing. When it came on me & my wife were getting excited for the 360 tour.

As for the show. Coldplay were very good. Great set with a bunch of new(er) material and a few classics thrown in. You can tell the band was very comfortable with their setlist as every song had A+ production. Only 1 song from Parchutes was played, "Yellow". :angry:

At least Coldplay recognizes brilliance...glad they are one of the few bands that gives props to where they came from, who inspired them and who and what they aspire to be as a band. U2 is the silent model for many bands. Playing Magnificent is a great shout out to U2.

I would also like to add the mobile device/camera usage at concerts is going to be at a all-time high during the 360 Tour.

Based on all the phones that were out during Coldplay I can only imagine the amount of people texting/talking/capturing throughout the concert. Why can't people enjoy the moment anymore?

I would also like to add the mobile device/camera usage at concerts is going to be at a all-time high during the 360 Tour.

Based on all the phones that were out during Coldplay I can only imagine the amount of people texting/talking/capturing throughout the concert. Why can't people enjoy the moment anymore?

it's just the new way of enjoying the moment.

it's just the new way of enjoying the moment.

No, it's the new concert t-shirt. "Dude, I wuz there. Here, check it out on my phone."

People look pretty silly when there's a live band playing in front of them and they're actually watching on their tiny cell phone screen as it's being captured.

Like anyone is ever going to watch such a crap quality video.

I heard Magnificent last night at the same Coldplay concert. I loved hearing but, but Coldplay were incredible as well.

What did you think of that cellphone "wave" through the arena?

There is no plausible way that was a good concert. That band is Disney. That band is a mini van. Chris Martin is to rock n roll what paintings are to motel rooms: cheap, safe imitations that are facades of expression. "Coldplay concert" is an oxymoron.

There is no plausible way that was a good concert. That band is Disney. That band is a mini van. Chris Martin is to rock n roll what paintings are to motel rooms: cheap, safe imitations that are facades of expression. "Coldplay concert" is an oxymoron.

:doh:

But, Walt Disney was brilliant. So, I wouldn't knock his name.....

I love Disney, so that's not an issue for me.

There is no plausible way that was a good concert. That band is Dreamworks. That band is a mini van. Chris Martin is to rock n roll what paintings are to motel rooms: cheap, safe imitations that are facades of expression. "Coldplay concert" is an oxymoron.
Fixed to better illustrate your point (not that I agree completely, but whatever).

I love you :heart:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom