I Fall Down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WKMahler

The Fly
What a great song from "October" "I Fall Down" is.

I've yet to remember hearing "I Fall Down" live.

Very beautiful piano intro, mid section and ending. Vocals are spot on too.

Regards,

W. K. Mahler

It is a cool song.

Don't let Axver see this thread. Although, according to Axver's website, it has been played live 166 times on the Boy, October, War, and UF tours.

I'm sure you'll be able to find a live version very easily, I'm not an expert on this though so can't point you in the right direction. I think it's an extremely cool song and I'm surprised it wasn't a single as I think it's far better than Fire.

The lyrics are lousy, but the music is wonderful. The melody sounds very unusual for U2.

I'd not go so far as to say that the lyrics are lousy, but they're certainly not anything to write home about.....that being said, I love this song to death, especially Live. I'd stab LemonMelon if I thought that would somehow get the band to play it in concert.

I'd not go so far as to say that the lyrics are lousy, but they're certainly not anything to write home about.....that being said, I love this song to death, especially Live. I'd stab LemonMelon if I thought that would somehow get the band to play it in concert.

And I'd set you on fire for a performance of Lemon. :)

U2 played the Werchter (sp?) Festival in 1982. There's a pro shot of that which has I Fall Down in it. Also has a blistering performance of Rejoice. And Bono scaling some scaffolding during Electric Co.

All up a darn good show. It is the festival where I Threw A Brick and Day Without Me from the NYD single are taken from, although I think those are from the show the day before the one that was filmed.

I agree with the earlier comment that this is an "unusual" song. It seems to have a unique kind of melody and lyrics for young U2. I did love his voice on that early performance on YouTube above!

I used to love this song when I got this on CD after my brother lost his cassette -- my very second CD; my first was Zooropa -- but I haven't liked it since I was 13, I'm afraid.

Back
Top Bottom