I Don't Like Zooropa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zooropa escapes criticism because nothing was expected from it and some people find that cool. U2 releasing an album after only 2 years....how cool is that. The songs are so uneven, yet the image is so cool.....style over content.

U2's most overrated album IMO.

Get ready to cry!
:lol:

Yes, I've heard that version... But I'm really looking forward to the studio version. At the time of release there was an interview and I can't remember who it was, Flood or someone said there was quite a bit of debate as to which version to release, some thought Bono's version was the best recorded vocal to date but at the end of the day Bono really pushed for Cash's version and won... But that song and the way they talked about his vocal makes me really hope that it gets released someday.

Zooropa escapes criticism because nothing was expected from it and some people find that cool. U2 releasing an album after only 2 years....how cool is that. The songs are so uneven, yet the image is so cool.....style over content.

Nah, experimentation and creativity have nothing to do with style. It's an exhilarating album, one of U2's most fun and freewheeling. Wouldn't call it their most consistent, but the great songs are so fantastic that they cancel out the relative mediocrity of a handful of others. U2 was at their creative peak at this point, however misguided a few of their experiments may have been.

Back
Top Bottom