I Don't Like Zooropa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crap!:doh: I almost forgot!:
Zooropa.jpg

:bow: :bow: :bow:

The best album cover of all time. :drool:

I really dont want to start another radiohead/u2 comparison thread (we have enough of those)...but...

I think that Zooropa is very similar to OK computer in overall theme. The idea of technology dehumanizing our world was the entire idea of ZOO TV and zooropa, and this is what Radiohead did later in 1997.

Fitter Happier could have easily been inspired by Numb? ... I mean both songs have so much similarities in the "message"

The themes are very similar if you ask me, maybe OK Computer was inspired by ZOO TV/ Zooropa?? :hmm:

I actually thought Fitter Happier would've been more inspired by Zooropa, the title track. Ok Computer owes Zooropa.

it's funny you say that because the first time i ever heard OK Computer, my first thought was "did they listen to Zooropa over and over while making this album?"

since then, it's widely considered a masterpiece and original concept, but at the time in 1997, those were my thoughts.

More proof that Radiohead were influenced by U2. :up:

Now lets steer away from the RH discussion.

Another update: Zooropa has caught along fine. But I still don't get the gist if Dirty Day and Wanderer. Babyface has become a decently listened to song. I can't stop listening to Stay! Haven't been able to since day 1, which was about a month ago!:lol: I try to go to sleep at night and nothing does it better than this album.:hmm: Oh and I almost forgot^ Stay hasn't become a part of me either. But overall there is progression (on mars?):lol:

Another update: Zooropa has caught along fine. But I still don't get the gist if Dirty Day and Wanderer. Babyface has become a decently listened to song. I can't stop listening to Stay! Haven't been able to since day 1, which was about a month ago!:lol: I try to go to sleep at night and nothing does it better than this album.:hmm: Oh and I almost forgot^ Stay hasn't become a part of me either. But overall there is progression (on mars?):lol:

Dirty day is one of my favorite songs on the album. you might like it better if you see the live version from zoo tv before you get used to the album version. The ending is sublime.

:doh:Crap I just realized I said Stay hasn't become a part of me. I meant Some Days!

zoopropa is the worrst peice of shit album ever made.

You heard it here first, people. Zooropa is worse than anything put out by:

Miley Cyrus
Billy Ray Cyrus
Paris Hilton
Jessica Simpson
Lindsay Lohan
The Other Guy From Wham
Insert Your Most Hated Celebrity Making An Album Here

zoopropa is the worrst peice of shit album ever made. Fucking peice of shit

My retarded cousin could make a better album cover than this shiit
you're certainly entitled to your opinion on the album, but how did the first post not suffice? there's absolutely no need for you to make such a rude, insulting post.

you're certainly entitled to your opinion on the album, but how did the first post not suffice? there's absolutely no need for you to make such a rude, insulting post.

Well, to be fair, he was insulting the album the first time and the cover the second time, as evidenced by the variety on display within his criticisms.

:drool:

Zooropa is wonderful. Some Days is the only song I'm really meh on. It's a fun track, but it's just not a great song. Everything else is excellent though, including Babyface. Beautiful pop song.

It's weird that when I was a kid and discovering U2 albums it never threw me off that the albums were so different from each other. I wasn't like "wow, Zooropa is weird, it's nothing like The Joshua Tree," I just loved it like I did every U2 album. But it really is a weird album. I can't believe they released Numb as a single. If you played Numb and Pride to someone who had never heard the songs, there is no way they would ever guess they were by the same band.

Zooropa :up:

Well, to be fair, he was insulting the album the first time and the cover the second time, as evidenced by the variety on display within his criticisms.

The point is that his posts the last few days have been extremely rude and insulting. Not to mention breaking the rules.

Ok, I've checked out Dirty Day from ZooTV, as zooropop40 suggested, and I have to say you were right! And the end with the falsetto is just EPIC! That show was awesome. Especially with the intro with Zoo Station, which was :drool:. I'm trying not to go off topic here, but I remember watching that just as I became a U2 fan. I thought that the whole show was weird and not the same U2 I had heard (HTDAAB U2), which they were not. Carry on.:|

The point is that his posts the last few days have been extremely rude and insulting. Not to mention breaking the rules.

Oh, I was being sarcastic there. :lol: All of his insults were equally over-the-top and unnecessary. Lock him up and throw away the key. :)

Ok I just have to post this!:hyper: This may seem like quite a coincidence but it is true. I was going to dinner last night and when we passed the stoplight it was green. I look down to check the time and it says 7:11! I'm am not lying. Also I was listening to Stay when it happened!:lol:

Ok I just have to post this!:hyper: This may seem like quite a coincidence but it is true. I was going to dinner last night and when we passed the stoplight it was green. I look down to check the time and it says 7:11! I'm am not lying. Also I was listening to Stay when it happened!:lol:

nice avatar! being a Packer fan, i can appreciate it.

I think many of the tracks of Zooropa (Lemon, Dirty Day) are 10X better live...but I still appericate the studio ones...

I think it's a great album

BTW: I love the cover art as well, I think it's 4th best U2 album cover, behind JT (#3), Achtung Baby (#2) and War (#1)

Dear everyone who hates Zooropa,

Please PM me your addresses so I can personally leave a flaming gift on each and every one of your doorsteps. Thank you for your assistance.

Yours poo-ly,

-u2popmofo

zoopropa is the worrst peice of shit album ever made. Fucking peice of shit

My retarded cousin could make a better album cover than this shiit

How old are you? Please try to act mature. I know that this is the internet but at least make an attempt to sound intelligent?

Oh.. also, learn proper English and how to spell. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom