I can hear "11 Oclock Tick Tock" in GOYB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the "..you dont know how" sequence drum pattern is slower but very similar to the breakdown part i stated in the previous post.

It's kind of like saying a Beach Boys falsetto harmony sounds like one that preceded it. In this instance, it's just, like, Larry Mullen's drumming style, t'sall...

I know exactly what he's talking about: the harmonic part drumming in 11OTT is similar to the "you don't know how beautiful" drumming in Get on Your Boots. I'm pretty sure he's used that drum beat elsewhere too.

Larry Mullen isn't exactly innovative.

I know exactly what he's talking about: the harmonic part drumming in 11OTT is similar to the "you don't know how beautiful" drumming in Get on Your Boots. I'm pretty sure he's used that drum beat elsewhere too.

Thank You! Im not saying its a bad thing, I am a drummer myself and a lot of my style reflects his...the guitarist I play with says I look like him when i drum (posture wise)..i take it as a great compliment.

Yes, that drum part is somewhat similar, not even a matter of Larry not being innovative, simple fact that there are only so many beats out there!

As a whole song, the only thing I really hear in GOYB is a little bit of Vertigo, but not as much as alot of people here seem to think. They are completely different songs.

I cant really say that GOYB, whatever its mertis, sounds much like anything U2 has done before.

I cant really say that GOYB, whatever its mertis, sounds much like anything U2 has done before.

Hey I agree with that! Whether people love it or hate it, it IS different. I think it's a breath of fresh air, and when I hear it come on either my album or the radio I turn it up. :up: :D

I hear that too.

The "you don't know...." bit has a really great 60's feel to it, love that part.

I hear I Threw A Brick Through A Window in GOYB, guys!! I mean, it has Larry playing toms too and so it's definitely in the mix!

I never noticed that drowning man snippet in that preformance before!

Cool, thanks for that, and I do think that the drum part is similar to the "you don't know..." in GOYB

Back
Top Bottom