HTDAAB Commendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love and Peace and ABOY are two of the worst songs they've ever recorded imo.

One Step Closer is the only song I care about.

The hatred for 'All Because of you' is sort-of baffling for me.

'One Step Closer' is the only song I DON'T care about.

U2... millions and millions served and confused, since 1979!

The hatred for 'All Because of you' is sort-of baffling for me.

'One Step Closer' is the only song I DON'T care about.

U2... millions and millions served and confused, since 1979!

Wait... because we might have a different opinion about songs than you, we're "served and confused"?

I took it to mean that no matter what they do, there'll be fans that love song X and others that haaaaaaaaaate song X.

I thought it was funny.

So did I. U2 has never been and will never be able to please everybody all the time, it seems :p. Ah, well. Such is life.

I have no problem with "All Because Of You" as a song. Just that opening noise issue (which I'm glad I'm not alone in getting freaked out by), but other than that... I just think it's a fun, fast song :shrug:.

Angela

I liked ABOY fine when the album first came out, and on the tour ... I honestly can't remember the last time I've listened to it.

Yes, I'm familiar with what clipping is. :wink:

ABOY now:
screenshotaboy.png

ABOY remastered:
aboy2.png

:lol: Nail on the head.:wink:

I don't really want to know what that sounds like.:yikes:

On the flipside, I can't understand why people don't care for One Step Closer. It's a refreshing ebb amongst all the harder songs on the album, and I think it's a really nice lyric. Could have been longer, and I'd love to hear that alternate mix, but as is I find it a more compelling song than the similarly-inspired yet generic SYCMIOYO with its tacked-on Coldplay falsetto bridge that still causes me to cringe.

One Step Closer is definitely my favorite on the album. I now understand how guitar driven it is compared to the other albums too.

Wait... because we might have a different opinion about songs than you, we're "served and confused"?

The "served and confused" was in reference to the diversity of opinions, including mine.

Easy, cheesy.

I still love HTDAAB, has great tunes on it i listen to it regularly.

And yes ABOY is a fast good song, i enjoy listening to it now and then.

Back
Top Bottom