How would you guys respond to my friend’s criticism of U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't worry about it that much. If he keeps on bugging you, just tell him to shut the f@*k up. If he doesn't, kick his ass!

The first few years of my studies, I always went to this squatter house in Leiden to hang out see bands and drink beer. One day, I was wearing a U2 shirt, and you must know that many punks see U2 as capitalist traiters. (But that seemed hypocrite to me, since some people there wore Disney and Efteling shirts, but that's their choice!)

This girl Denise, an Irish girl originally from Belfast, came up to me and she started about how hypocrite U2 are, that they only want to fight poverty and AIDS in Africa only to sell their records and that they should shut up about the troubles in Northern Ireland, because they are from Dublin, how do they know? and so on. I told her that it was only her opinion and I didn't bother much about it. After all she was from Belfast and I thought she had some sort of war trauma...
But everytime I went to the parties in the squatter house she came up to me and told me that if she ever saw Bono, she was going to beat him up and she kept on raving about how much she hated U2! I just told her to shut the f@*k up and that she must have a huge crush on me that she wanted my attention! A few weeks later I went to a pub with my friends. Denise was there too with her boyfriend and she had been drinking a lot. One of my friends just came back from Ireland and she told me about her holiday. Then Denise came up to us and said that everybody who talked shit about her country, she was going to kick their ass. She kept on giving us evil looks and I stared back at her. Then she came up to me and said that I'd better kill myself for being a U2 fan. And if I didn't she was going to kick my ass so badly. Well, now that's a thing you don't say to people, especially not to me. I can't remember what I said to her, but I'm sure it wasn't very nice and I'm really good at pissing off people whenever they deserve it. So there we were standing there, face to face, yelling at each other, waiting for the other one to strike the first blow...
It all ended with Denises boyfriend literally dragging her out of the pub because we almost got into a nasty bar fight.

The next day I went to class. Denises boyfriend had a class in the same building and came up to me saying he was sorry and that he was so ashamed of his girlfriend. He just broke up with her because she was such a bitch, hahaha!:hyper:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom