How many U2 songs do you like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

purpleoscar

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
No covers, EPs or b-sides.

Boy:10
October:8
War:8
The Unforgettable Fire:8
The Joshua Tree:11
Rattle and Hum:8
Achtung Baby:12
Zooropa:10
POP:12
All that you can't leave behind:10
How to dismantle an atomic bomb:11
No line on the horizon:11

Total 119. :drool:
That's not even including Passengers or b-sides, etc.

That's a weird question, as I like almost every U2 song in some way or another by default (with exceptions). It also changes from time to time. But like Swan269, I would say I enjoy 90% of it.

How many do I like?

That's an awful lot of songs. It would be a lot quicker to count/name the ones I don't like.

There aren't many that I really don't like, not even B-sides or even Red Light. The first U2 song that I actually hated was If God Will Send his Angels, but the hatred has eased and now i don't even skip it whilst listening to Pop, I can see it's good points.
After 2000 things changes, on ATYCLB I still really can't stand Walk On. Peace On Earth and Elevation are songs that I find quite annoying but I don't hate them.
HTDAAB is a different story, Miracle Drug is an abomination to my ears, Yahweh is extremely dull and Love and Peace Or Else and ABOY are just plain naff.
NLOTH is a great improvement but it does have their all time worst clunker, SUC.
So that's about 6 album tracks that I really dislike.

There aren't many that I really don't like, not even B-sides or even Red Light. The first U2 song that I actually hated was If God Will Send his Angels, but the hatred has eased and now i don't even skip it whilst listening to Pop, I can see it's good points.
After 2000 things changes, on ATYCLB I still really can't stand Walk On. Peace On Earth and Elevation are songs that I find quite annoying but I don't hate them.
HTDAAB is a different story, Miracle Drug is an abomination to my ears, Yahweh is extremely dull and Love and Peace Or Else and ABOY are just plain naff.
NLOTH is a great improvement but it does have their all time worst clunker, SUC.
So that's about 6 album tracks that I really dislike.

That's what I like about U2 songs because they can grow on you. There was a time when I was a kid that I didn't like With or without you. :reject: Of course that's changed.

Wow! That's like ~ 150 songs.

Time for me to be controversial, I guess? I'm being a bit strict on this. Songs where I'd say "it's alright" or "I like the music but hate the lyrics" don't count. Studio versions only; e.g. I'd only say Dirty Day studio is "it's alright" despite how much the live version rules, so it doesn't count.

Boy: 11 out of 11
October: 9 out of 11
War: 7 out of 10
UF: 10 out of 10
JT: 9 out of 11
RAH: 6 out of 9
Achtung: 7 out of 12
Zooropa: 6 out of 10
Passengers: 11 out of 14
Pop: 7 out of 12
ATYCLB: 3 out of 12 (I'm counting TGBHF, goddamnit)
HTDAAB: 5 out of 12 (I'm counting Fast Cars, goddamnit)
NLOTH: 7 out of 11

So that's 98 out of 145. More than I expected. I guess there are some borderline cases; NLOTH could be a couple higher or lower, for example.

Back
Top Bottom