How many times have you seen U2 live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ZooTV Adelaide
Popmart Melbourne
Elevation Manchester
Vertigo Sydney x 2
Vertigo Adelaide
360 Sydney

7 times (didn't get in to see Lovetown, was outside the Memorial drive with a bunch of fans listening)

Next Sunday will be my 10th. Feel very lucky.

Vertigo x2
360 x2
i+e x2
JT30 x4

Twice.

Innocence + Experience - O2 Arena, London, October 2015
Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary - Twickenham, London, July 2017

44 times.

First show at 14 years old was at Birmingham NEC August 4th 1987 on original JT tour.

Last show seen at Dublin on 22nd July on JT30 tour.

Strangest place was at the Waldbuhne, Berlin on the Elevation tour. An amphitheatre in a forest area that was used for the weightlifting in the 1938 Olympics !.

100 Shows from 89 to now :wave:

incl. Europe, North America and Australia and Newzealand :love::hyper::love::applaud::wave:

Wow! And I was pretty proud of my 8 times hahaha. 100 times? You most see them many times per tour obviously! If it wasn't so expensive I would go more often but I'm usually satisfied seeing them once per tour (twice on 360). In this day of the Internet/ setlist parties/YouTube video etc, I would probably get bored of seeing the same show multiple times. But very cool to see such dedicated fans! ???

100 Shows from 89 to now :wave:

incl. Europe, North America and Australia and Newzealand :love::hyper::love::applaud::wave:

I'ma need to see a full list of all your shows! That's quite an awesome accomplishment, one that I wish I could also do.

I don't remember if I posted earlier in this thread or not, but as of last night in Indy my number is 13, going back to Popmart.

TJT = 2
Lovetown = 2
Zoo TV = 13 (wish I'd gone more!)
Pop = 3
Elevation = 2
Vertigo = 2
360 = 2
SoI = 2
TJT2 = 1

From War Tour through JT30

52 Times

Tour with the least shows: War Once

Tour With the Most: ZOOTV 14 Times

And like An Cat, I wished I saw more ZOOTV Inside/Outside shows

I am getting ready to jump from 9 to 11 in the next 10 days. Three on this tour...Rose Bowl I already, then:

(9/19) Glendale/Phoenix
(9/22) San Diego

I have the one that got away story...the $5 show that I still have the un-torn ticket for. Bad weather in Northern Arizona (snow) kept my parents from allowing me to come down with my older friends who had no such barrier. Still upset about that. To be fair, they did get in an accident. But the car was still OK and they were OK and made it to the show(s).

Zoo TV X1
Elevation X1
Vertigo X3
360 X1
i+e X2
JT#30 X3 (2 upcoming)

My wife went to both the opener of the Joshua Tree tour in Tempe and the $5 show. Amazingly, she doesn't really remember the 1st show (and she wasn't drinking, etc), which is remarkable considering all the Mecham stuff that was going on, like the Barry Fey-read statement (we were both rather politically engaged at that age, which led to us dating a year later), and the fact that Bono lost his voice and the crowd had to carry him (they cancelled a 2nd night). Both are pretty memorable. She was there...this is for sure. But she doesn't remember.

I am the one in this relationship with the steel trap memory. A friend calls me the "Lyrical Savant" because I remember all lyrics and seem to have one for all occasions. My wife likes music, but is not an obsessive. So I was surprised the other day...taking a shower, I have the Bluetooth on and Wire comes on. As it hits the 1st verse, my wife walks into the shower area of our master bedroom and sings the first line, without the slightest hesitation, as she exits the room through another door. I am just standing there jaw-dropped. Here is a woman who cannot remember attending the first show of the Joshua Tree tour, is not a music obsessive, not a lyric-remembering type, and a U2 fan but hardly like all of us. And she nails that line ("Innocent, and in a sense I am...)

Hmmm...let's see...

UF: 1
JT: 1
Zoo: 1
Pop: 4
Elev: 2
Vert: 2
360: 2
I+E: 2

If I could do it all over again, I would've gone to Red Rocks. Came close. Wanted to, but didn't go. And I traveled a bit for Popmart. Wish I'd chosen ZooTV instead to do that.

Twice during the Vertigo Tour.

And I don't know that I will again. I despise the stress of trying to get tickets through normal channels.

Popmart - DC, NJ, Philly, Foxboro x 2, Toronto
Elevation - Sunrise, Philly, MSG, NJ - MSG, NJ, Providence
Vertigo - Brooklyn, NJ, MSG, MSG, Philly
U2 360 - NJ, NJ, Philly
iE - MSG, MSG
Joshua Tree - NJ, NJ, San Diego

I think I'm at 26 might be missing a show or two in NJ or MSG.

Back
Top Bottom