How many on here.............?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wave: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f189/i-actually-like-all-of-u2s-music-190925.html :wink:

But I'll admit I do skip once in a while. Mostly Red Light although I listen to the beginning of the song because I like the way it starts, the music and vocals are actually pretty good but it goes downhill after that, I normally can't finish it. I've tried to like it, I really have :sad:
I think every other album though I will listen to start to finish most of the time.

can HONESTLY say...they enjoy all songs from every U2 album? Going by what i read on here....some folks dont like some songs....or some albums...and it got me to thinking, how many can say they could stick on every u2 album and listen from start to finnish?

as backgroundmusic:every record
as a "I realy want to listen to that music": AB, JT, ZOOROPA,POP 100%
the rest 50 to 87,5%

Achtung Baby, Zooropa and The Unforgettable Fire are the only albums where I never really skip a song.
Joshua Tree would be perfect without Trip Through Your Wires, NLOTH would be perfect without Stand Up Comedy.

TTYW is one of my favs, wouldn't be JT without it. funny how that is. :D

Frankly, I don't want to imagine a U2 who were able to please ALL their fans ALL the time. :barf:

like that's gonna happen. :wink:

as backgroundmusic:every record
as a "I realy want to listen to that music": AB, JT, ZOOROPA,POP 100%
the rest 50 to 87,5%

UF & NLOTH for me. except sometimes I still skip SUC. It's just a track I'm not always in the mood for and I want to get on to what I really want to hear. :heart:

let's see what i do skip :hmm:

boy: nothing really. if the ocean weren't so short, i might skip it but as it is, it's not worth skipping.
october: usually nothing, though sometimes i skip rejoice or with a shout.
war: two hearts beat as one
unforgettable fire: bad
joshua tree: bullet
rattle and hum: ishfwilf, freedom, pride, and love rescue me.
achtung baby: one
zooropa: the wanderer
passengers: ito okashi (sometimes), and both themes.
pop: igwsha and playboy mansion
atyclb: the whole album :giggle:
htdaab: it's easier to say what i don't skip. i don't skip vertigo, miracle drug, lapoe, cobl, and fast cars
nloth: crazy tonight, sometimes boots

All of them sometimes

I have found that I don't dare skip songs because the minute I decide I don't like one or another, they become my favorite the next week! I think that's what I love about U2-their music speaks to my mood, sometimes one song, sometimes another. But all of them are favorites sometimes.

Clear as mud, eh?:cute:

I have found that I don't dare skip songs because the minute I decide I don't like one or another, they become my favorite the next week! I think that's what I love about U2-their music speaks to my mood, sometimes one song, sometimes another. But all of them are favorites sometimes.

Clear as mud, eh?:cute:

Not really. Clear as day. :up: Feel the same way.

The only albums I usually listen to all the way through are UF, JT, and AB (and NLOTH currently, but I wonder if that will change):

Songs I usually skip:

Boy - An Cat Dubh, Shadows and Tall Trees
October - I Threw A Brick
War - 40
Rattle and Hum - Love Rescue Me
Zooropa - Babyface, Numb
Pop - The Playboy Mansion
ATYCLB - Stuck in a Moment, Grace
HTDAAB - Yahweh

wait...what? Didn't you absolutely hate NLOTH at one point? ....or am I confusing you with someone else....I thought you were pretty negative towards it though....now you like it? :eyebrow:

If I'm listening to a U2 album, I listen to the whole album... because it's an album. There aren't really any U2 songs that I actively dislike, but there are a number that I am pretty indifferent towards.

:wave: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f189/i-actually-like-all-of-u2s-music-190925.html :wink:

But I'll admit I do skip once in a while. Mostly Red Light although I listen to the beginning of the song because I like the way it starts, the music and vocals are actually pretty good but it goes downhill after that, I normally can't finish it. I've tried to like it, I really have :sad:
I think every other album though I will listen to start to finish most of the time.

I agree with you on the beginning of Red Light. In fact you've made me want to listen to it. I like the whole song but I think the start is beautiful!:lol:

I can honestly say i like every U2 album song from Boy-ATYCLB.

Some aren't, well i would say GREAT, like Red Light and The Refugee (only ones that really come to mind)- but i still find them entertaining at least.

It started with BOMB, me just downright HATING certain songs (and in that album's case, most of them)

On NLOTH, i fucking despise SUC, but that's the only really passionately hated one. I don't like CT but in the right mood it is at least passable (i once liked it but it got old really REALLY quick, that's the thing with newer U2 songs, they get worse with age). Boots is pretty corny, but the chorus Alice In Chainsy harmonies clinch it for me. And Breathe is mediocre in my opinion (another song i loved at first and now am rather indifferent to). Other than that, the rest of the songs are quite good, and some of them are great.

But yea, from BOY-ATYCLB i can find something i love in every U2 song. doesn't mean i love every song, but there's an aspect of each tune that i genuinely enjoy in an unforced way.

honestly there are few songs i skip , i like all the albums but some get more play than others. except passengers. but passengers doesnt count :wink:

i really dislike trying to throw your arms around the world, and skip a few instrumentals here and there but other than that i dont have any active hate for their stuff. good thing really considering the time and bucks invested inthem over my life eh.

I skip a whole lot of shit. Depends on how I feel. I could get through listening to all the albums without skipping too many songs, but by no means do I like the lot of them, as has probably been established elsewhere.

Boots is pretty corny, but the chorus Alice In Chainsy harmonies clinch it for me.

Gee, I never made that connection, I just saw it as a by-numbers Spanish/Moroccan influence. But on that note, I was a huge Alice in Chains fan when I was a kid (15) so that might help explain why the only part of the song I like is the chorus.

can HONESTLY say...they enjoy all songs from every U2 album? Going by what i read on here....some folks dont like some songs....or some albums...and it got me to thinking, how many can say they could stick on every u2 album and listen from start to finnish?

I can honestly say that I can!

However, some songs are better than others....

Boy - Into The Heart
October - Fire
War - Drowning Man, Red Light, 40
UF - 4th of July, Elvis P & America, MLK
JT - Mothers (sometimes)
Rattle n Hum - The live stuff except Silver n Gold
AB - TTTYAATW and MW (sometimes)
Zooropa - 1st Time
Pop - Miami
ATYCLB - Elevation, Grace and Stuck (sometimes)
HTDAAB - OSC
NLOTH - Nothing...yet!

Up until 2000 I can honestly say there were only 3 or 4 U2 songs that I didn't love, since then they've had about 11 songs that I don't love, around 5 of which I actually hate.

Back
Top Bottom