How Interference Ranks The U2 Discography

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bomb does not contain the shit that is GOYB, SUC, & IGCIIDGCT

Bomb does contain COBL, which is better than every song on NLOTH except MOS.

Therefore, BOMB > NLOTH

I almost feel as though COBL is a better song but it sits behind Vertigo in terms of popularity for Bomb. Even though I think COBL > Moment of Surrender, it's almost as though Moment of Surrender has bigger boots to fill, no pun intended.

And I totally don't get the hate for SUC and Crazy. I mean, I can understand Boots, although I enjoy it simply as a song. I can undertand the criticism of the songs, but they're still good music IMO.

HOW Pop got 5th and War got 7th I am unable to comprehend. Why anyone ranks Pop in the top three is just unbelievable. :tsk:

1. Achtung Baby

2. The Joshua Tree

3. Pop
4. The Unforgettable Fire

5. October
6. Boy
7. No Line On The Horizon

8. HTDAAB
9. Zooropa

10. ATYCLB

11. War
12. Passengers

13. Rattle & Hum

Some of my rankings are seemingly set in stone. Particularly 1, 2 and 13. Those that are grouped together mean that they are virtually on equal pegging and could maybe switch with each other now and then. But for the most part, there hasn't been much movement in recent years.

Passengers is difficult to rank because, like R&H (which is easily last due to so many U2 shockers being on there), I seldom listen to it from start to finish. That's why it is second last. The standout tracks (YBR, Slug, Beach Sequence, Let's Go Native) are however, super brilliance.

War is necessarily low because of it's poor second half. Bomb is relatively high due to a personal affinity to it (first U2 album release since my fandom began)

That said, my rankings I'd say are for the most part in sync with the general consensus.. but this was a worthwhile exercise for me.

:doh: I sat there and looked at that and was like... A Sort of Homecoming + Promenade? Which actually surprisingly kinda adds up.

When I read "homecoming," I think of school dances and football games. So the alternate was the prom. ;)

Ahahaha :)

If either were played at prom, my life would be complete. Unfortunately it's probably going to be rap, Gaga, Katy Perry...you get the picture.

You can take it. I, meanwhile, would love some actual rock'n'roll at dances :D

I may have to skip prom just because it's promising to be darn awful, music included.

I went to Prom just to say I went.

Can't say I particularly enjoyed it, although I can tell you that I didn't miss it.

I don't think you should miss it. Just live to tell the crappy story, and you might look back one day and be glad that you got the experience at least.

I went to Prom just to say I went.

Can't say I particularly enjoyed it, although I can tell you that I didn't miss it.

I don't think you should miss it. Just live to tell the crappy story, and you might look back one day and be glad that you got the experience at least.

I probably will go, just wish it could have the potential to be less crappy...

I didn't go to my prom. Why the hell would I want to get all dolled up and go hang out in the school gym?

I went to "Senior Ball" instead. It was at a swanky place. It sucked and the music was awful (this was in 1991).

Agree with the first three. Can't believe how high Pop and Zoo are. But it's always shocked me how popular those albums are on this board. ATYCLB and HTDAAB should definitely be above NLOTH. Jesus...Beautiful Day, Elevation, Kite, Stuck in a Moment, Walk On, In a Little While, Vertigo, City of Blinding Lights, SYCMIOYO... The only song from NLOTH that ranks among those classics is maybe Moment of Surrender.

Passengers is a loose collection of songs and some artsy(mostly Eno) instrumentals.

I've burned it down to a great EP and I love that EP, but the album as a whole gets far too much pedestal treatment in here.

Instrumentals being the operative word, rather than songs.

Passengers is what happens when Eno gets too much control. With Lanois together, they're (despite lack of progress on NLOTH) a perfect match for U2. Eno alone, not so much.

it had nothing to do with Eno having too much control. it had everything to do with U2 being at their most creative peak.

Back
Top Bottom