How cool would it be if....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
...u2 made a rockumentary like Metallica's Some Kind Of Monster? I am by no means a fan of Metallica, but i have watched this flick a few times and find it totally interesting. Wish U2 would do the same. The old VHS of The Unforgettable Fire is the closest they have come, but they need to take a leaf outta Metallica's book:drool:

Well, Some Kind Of Monster destroyed Metallica's reputation and mystique, but hey, U2 doesn't have much of either anymore.

Yeah, I think "Some Kind of Monster" was probably more interesting to me as a casual/ don't even like them anymore type of fan than it was a real fan.

To me it was interesting just to see the behind the scenes drama, etc... but then there were also moments that were a complete snoozfest...

But I would think it was probably rather embarassing for real Metallica fans.

I wouldn't mind seeing a mini-documentary on the making of NLOTH or whatever, but I wouldn't want to see them sit down with a shrink and air their dirty laundry...

I think U2 will never do a "Some Kind of Monster" thing, they already did something like that (U2BYU2).... Metallica didn't wrote a book because they can't write.. hahahaha

There already is a film like that made with U2.
From the film:

Bono: Wake Up Edge, Im making a video!
Edge: Get out of here, I don't need to be on the news, you do!

...u2 made a rockumentary like Metallica's Some Kind Of Monster? I am by no means a fan of Metallica, but i have watched this flick a few times and find it totally interesting. Wish U2 would do the same. The old VHS of The Unforgettable Fire is the closest they have come, but they need to take a leaf outta Metallica's book:drool:

You watched it on tv last night too then?:wink::up:

I wouldn't want to see them sit down with a shrink and air their dirty laundry...

Exactly. To me, although I have only seen snippets of SKoM, it was bascially that. Even the real fans don't need to see that. I love an inside view ( who does'nt?) but these kind of things are better left between the memebers of the band. Also, I don't think u2 has that much tension going on anyway. Sure, they argue, but their dynamic is very different to metallicas, so I would'nt worry they'd do that.

:scratch:

I'm pretty sure any kind of "reputation" or "mystique" they had was gone prior to the movie, the whole Napster debacle pretty much destroyed any cred they had long before...

Before that movie was released, I didn't expect the members of Metallica to be Armani-shopping crybabies. Turns out they were all that and a box of Kleenex. I can't listen to any of their albums without laughing hysterically anymore.

That's what I meant by their entire reputation being destroyed.

Back
Top Bottom