How can this be????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, you're new here, so we'll let this one slide. First, you should have put :wink: after "makes you wonder". Second, that guitar sounds like George Harrison. Makes you wonder. :wink: See.

I did a lot of hash in 1975...which is funny considering I was just a small child...oh but those hash brownies were so tantalizing.

I was an extra in the movie 'Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind' and haven't been able to eat mashed potatoes since then. Baked potatoes, hash potatoes, and French fries are all a different story.

But mashed potatoes, oh no. Not after that.

I roamed the countryside looking at dead cows and utility trucks for days and days when I went through my "wild phase" after I got out of the army. Yes, that army. The one that gave me a plate in my head and a glass eye.

What I wouldn't give to go five rounds with the doctor who made me sterile. Sure, its not a fair fight, for he's probably dead now.

oh well.....as they say...life goes on. Until it doesn't...then what you going to do?

Seriously does anyone else hear the resemblance to invisible or is it just me?

Sure, but your "makes you wonder" comment is baffling. Like you're implying that U2 has stolen from this song to create Invisible.

To answer your question of "How this can be????". (Really? Four question marks?) This can be because there are billions of songs in the musical universe and odds are pretty good that some of the music will be repeated again by another artist. Who da thunk? :huh:

I think it would be impossible to come up with a 4 note riff that hasn't been used in some form before.

:up:

Chord progressions, melodies... they've all been done before. Just don't make the melody sound too much like a semi-famous one or you'll probably get sued! :D

Sure, but your "makes you wonder" comment is baffling. Like you're implying that U2 has stolen from this song to create Invisible.

To answer your question of "How this can be????". (Really? Four question marks?) This can be because there are billions of songs in the musical universe and odds are pretty good that some of the music will be repeated again by another artist. Who da thunk? :huh:

I know the four ???? is a bit dramatic but...I would hate to think that U2 would steal a rif like that. I was hoping that someone here would be quick to dismiss my concerns as ridiculous.

I don't think you can claim to own or have created a four-note riff, and those four notes are the only similarity here. But yeah, I hear it.

I'm sure if you dig far enough, you could find 10 other songs that have a melody that has a four-note passage like it, too.

The song Impy Thump sounds exactly like a guitar riff I wrote 3 years earlier. I never excited Jack White of plagiarism because the only way he could have stolen it is if he had been creeping in my basement.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Do you realize how many melodies may have those 4 notes in a row?

Without going into a whole music lesson, there are only a certain amount of notes and chords that will string together to make a palatable song.

Fucking swipe keyboards these days.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Do you realize how many melodies may have those 4 notes in a row?

Without going into a whole music lesson, there are only a certain amount of notes and chords that will string together to make a palatable song.

Reminds me of the youtube clip of the Four Chords of Pop Music. WOWY was in there too, I think the notes were DABG or so?

Back
Top Bottom