Hollow Island's alt tracklists for No Line and Pop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hollow Island

New Yorker
First of all, a lot of talk about this: maybe, maybe too much talk...hehe...

Both of these albums contain material that is among U2's strongest and could have been among their classic records (I know some people think they are), but for various reasons they are not what they could have been. The major problem for both is lack of cohesion. Neither flow all that well, and it's a massive problem. Another problem is the length. Both records are quite long, and are mainly made up of 5 minute songs (there's more variety on No Line, but 2 songs are over 6 minutes), and that's a lot of intense U2 to sit through, regardless of how good the songs are. So I've trimmed both down to 10 songs, added 2 non-album tracks to each, and fiddled with the list. Both work well on CD and in vinyl settings (the latter takes a bit of imagination, but you'll see what I mean), and good songs were left off Pop, but it's in the service of the whole.

NO LINE (a variation on the Linear track list, and probably my second favourite U2 album in this order).

Soon
No Line
Fez-Being Born
Unknown Caller
Breathe
Winter (Linear version)
White As Snow
Magnificent
Moment of Surrender
Cedars of Lebanon

(vinyl would be 3/2/2/3)

POP (I'd put this version 3 or 4)

Discotheque
Mofo
Gone
Staring at the Sun
Do You Feel Loved
Holy Joe (Guilty Mix)
I'm Not Your Baby (Skysplitter Dub)
Velvet Dress
Please
Wake Up Dead Man

(2 sides, light and dark.)

If God..., Miami, Playboy Mansion, and N+S of the River would make a good EP.

BTW, anyone notice how much Miami sounds like Autechre? I've never seen that mentioned before. It's a shame those guys never remixed it.

Some people's random thought are just THAT important...

Important enough for you to comment on, jackwad. Think about how pathetic that is for a minute. If I think a thread is stupid, I stay away from it.

Isn't this whole site devoted to sharing "random thoughts" anyway? I don't see what's so wrong with sharing tracklist ideas.

You're a real dick, you know.

Important enough for you to comment on, jackwad. Think about how pathetic that is for a minute. If I think a thread is stupid, I stay away from it.

Isn't this whole site devoted to sharing "random thoughts" anyway? I don't see what's so wrong with sharing tracklist ideas.

You're a real dick, you know.

I think you really missed the point. The point was that there are plenty of threads already devoted to this, in fact I posted one that was just a few spots down from yours at the time.

Not every thought deserves its OWN thread, I said nothing about it not being deserving of a post.

But I'm glad you found it worthy of name calling, especially since it wasn't me who brought it up. Real class :up:

Poor BVS gets insulted for quite a lot of things that he didn't even start around here :lol:

Couldn't this thread just be merged with the other one?

I think its about time BVS and Hollow Island stripped down, oiled up and settled their differences once and for all in a good old-fashioned wrestling bout.

I think its about time BVS and Hollow Island stripped down, oiled up and settled their differences once and for all in a good old-fashioned wrestling bout.

Sounds good. We have no new album, so we have to have something to keep us busy :up:

Also, 'jackwad' is my new favourite insult :wink:

35l9qi9.jpg

MikeyJB said:

:up: Fighting is a way for men to release their pent-up homosexuality.

Back
Top Bottom