Here's a unique thought - Mexico DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quiv

Acrobat
In the intermission part with the crappy Lemon remix where you see the "volumptious" club dancer on the screen.....

I think it's Bono!

:scratch:

It's not. I forgot the name of the person that it is. But it's not Bono.

Also: seriously, wtf.

I'm as big a fan as any. I have watched the video for years and am ashamed to say I never noticed the buldge in the panties.

My girl did.

I think it's him, but I could be wrong.

Don't play me as a troll. I've been a member here longer than most.

I seem to remember hearing that it was a friend of the band that did that..... and how apparently at the sydney show (because they were around the time of mardi gras which is the big sydney gay festival/street parade and a catholic church bishop had come out in the media and hardcore bagged out gays saying its wrong and all that) they changed the video ever so slightly to include a part where he does some sort of roundhouse kick and kinda reveals his bits lol

helariously funny from all accounts!

I'm as big a fan as any. I have watched the video for years and am ashamed to say I never noticed the buldge in the panties.

My girl did.

I think it's him, but I could be wrong.

Don't play me as a troll. I've been a member here longer than most.
It's most certainly a man (he has been discussed before on this site, and his name mentioned), but NOT Bono.

EDIT: It's Leigh Bowery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leigh_Bowery

He became known to a wider audience by appearing in a Post-Modernist/Surrealist series of television and cinema and commercials for the Pepe jeans company, MTV London and other commissions such as stage work for rock band U2.

I really, really hate that part of the show. :yuck: It almost makes me want to hide my PopMart DVD to make sure that no one I know ever sees that, because I would be so embarrassed.

I wished they would've PERFORMED Lemon instead of having someone dance over a remix track of it on an enormous LCD screen. :hmm:

I seem to remember hearing that it was a friend of the band that did that..... and how apparently at the sydney show (because they were around the time of mardi gras which is the big sydney gay festival/street parade and a catholic church bishop had come out in the media and hardcore bagged out gays saying its wrong and all that) they changed the video ever so slightly to include a part where he does some sort of roundhouse kick and kinda reveals his bits lol

That's hilarious, a great story!
I quite liked that part of the show, anything which includes the perfecto mix of lemon is fine by me!

:huh: I was at Sydney PopMart and I sure as hell don't remember that, nor do any of my friends.

I think U2 just went for the shock treatment for the audience. When I first saw it I had no idea what was going on. :huh:

Then I saw the Lemon start moving then I knew we were ok

Back
Top Bottom