Heartland my favorite Bono vocal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heartland is one of my least favourite Bono vocals, largely because of the "in this heartland" part - his strained screechy voice there makes me wince. I find Unchained Melody off-putting for the same reason.

I just recently really discovered this song and can't stop listening to it! I would love to hear it played live. Well their coming to Oklahoma this weekend! That would be the place to play it!! lol Unfortunately, I just sold all my tickets. :-/

I just recently really discovered this song and can't stop listening to it! I would love to hear it played live. Well their coming to Oklahoma this weekend! That would be the place to play it!! lol Unfortunately, I just sold all my tickets. :-/

And unfortunately they have never ever played it live. I don't think even a snippet exists....

Interesting to think of Heartland as summer for me. In reality - I know the song is exactly about the hot, dry...south, summer or whatever. But the chime of guitars and darker feeling speak to me as a colder place. Interesting how songs are viewed different no matter what the lyrical content maybe be or even used in the context of a movie in the matter -- a tune can be interpreted at the individual level. The artist has done its job well if this occurs in my opinion.

Achtung will always be cold for me, cause its industrial in spots, was released in Nov. –ish I think. Most good U2 is cold weather music for me.

Back
Top Bottom