"Hear Me Coming, Lord..." vs. "We Shine Like Stars..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As for One, nothing tops the emotion in this version for me, Bono choking up over the recently departed Michael Hutchence in the altered line "...but I can't raise the dead". He really brings it hard on the "hear us coming" part as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l9fe0Qcg1o

This is the best set of One visuals they've given us. Just gorgeous -- and though the song has become a global unity anthem, it reminds us of it's more specific origins.

Sent from

Shine like stars, even more so because the alternative (ohoohooho by the audience) sounds so much worse. Every time WOWY starts and I''m there live, my friends and I go like "shine like stars plsssss". We have always missed it, it's a shame.

Wow great question, tough choice for me to pick my favorite. At first blush I'd say Shine Like Stars especially the versions that had both that and the love will tear us apart snippets add in Edges crescendo solo is pretty fantastic. But then I think of the hear me scratching Lord with the cant help falling in love is pretty great.

Cheers to Nick for bringing up the outro to MOS made a fantastic song even better

Shine like stars, even more so because the alternative (ohoohooho by the audience) sounds so much worse.

Oh god yeah, this is a good point. One's ending without Hear Us Coming isn't half as insipid as WOWY with just... nothing.

Back
Top Bottom