Have you ever heard of this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

astepcloser24

The Fly
In the new album, there is an email address towards the back of the booklet. I e-mailed, asking for information about autograph requests. The reply this morning said, "I'm sorry, but the band only does autographs for charities they support." WHAT? :down:

Well imagine if they had to send out autographs to hundreds of thousands of millions of fans? We all know they (especially Bono) have no problem signing autographs on the street.

Makes sense. Then any Joe Schmo could just ask them to mail him an autograph and then turn around and make a buck off of it.

Well imagine if they had to send out autographs to hundreds of thousands of millions of fans? We all know they (especially Bono) have no problem signing autographs on the street.

they are good about giving autographs.

Jasonautograph.jpg

Seems kinda odd to put the email there though in the first place. Or it should at least say, "only for charities" or "no autograph requests"

But even so, how do these charities know theyre supported by U2?? If they are they probably already have contact. :huh:

What is the purpose of this email address then? :hmm: I cant imagine they take kindly to it being a Q&A line for the band.

There was an address and then an email address. Rather than write out a letter and having to take it to the post office (since I'm in the US), I decided to try out the e-mail address first. I know that they regularly sign autographs in the street, but when am I ever going to meet U2? I mean, it would make my life if I had a chance like that to actually physically meet the band, but I don't count myself that lucky. So, I thought a letter, an e-mail... something... would suffice.

Maybe it's like the Catcher in the Rye thing in the film "Conspiracy Theory" and they're monitoring emails sent to the address for a certain word or phrase, and only when they're alerted will they respond :hmm:

:reject:

Maybe it's like the Catcher in the Rye thing in the film "Conspiracy Theory" and they're monitoring emails sent to the address for a certain word or phrase, and only when they're alerted will they respond :hmm:

:reject:
:shifty:

Wonder if any instant messenger is associated with it, could be Larrys MSN. :hmm:

Honestly, why would an adult want an autograph in the first place? What's an adult gonna do with another adult's signature? I could understand getting a photo of a star or with a star, but an autograph? I was an intern at a radio station once and I ran in to some semi famous people. If you asked for a someone's autograph, you looked like a tool. But, people had no problem taking a photo with you. A photo is something you could put up somewhere and say I met this person and they were nice enough to take a photo with me. In the original poster's case, I would've settled for a photo or something with a U2 graphic on it.

In the day and age of Ebay, bands hardly send out autograph request anymore, and honestly like MrPryck2U said, what's the point?

In the day and age of Ebay, bands hardly send out autograph request anymore, and honestly like MrPryck2U said, what's the point?

Especially with a story like that. You show someone – “Oh cool! You met U2! How was that? ” “Err, no, I just sent an email to their office and they sent it to me” “Oh. Awesome story. That must have been quite an experience.”

Umm, when am I ever going to meet the band? I couldn't even get freakin' tickets to Letterman. I'm thinking it's unlikely I'll ever run into Bono on the street and ask for a picture. It would be sweet, but seeing as how I'm thinking it won't happen, I thought just sending a letter to their publicity office would suffice.

Umm, when am I ever going to meet the band? I couldn't even get freakin' tickets to Letterman. I'm thinking it's unlikely I'll ever run into Bono on the street and ask for a picture. It would be sweet, but seeing as how I'm thinking it won't happen, I thought just sending a letter to their publicity office would suffice.

You can meet them!! You may think of yourself as a little crazy afterwards, but it is possible. I met them twice, once after a Popmart show in NY, someone said there was a private party after the show, under a tent behind the stadium, and a few of us just waited until they came out...ALL of them stopped EXCEPT Bono, got out of their cars and signed autographs, took pictures, and made chit chat (don't know why but I only wanted and got Larry's autograph)...and the other time, just walking down a random street in NY, and saw a small gathering outside the Four Seasons Hotel..I went to see what the fuss was about, and U2 was coming out of the hotel to go to soundcheck. Only Bono stopped and signed autographs, the rest just got in their cars and left.

So, don't give up..

Honestly, why would an adult want an autograph in the first place? What's an adult gonna do with another adult's signature? I could understand getting a photo of a star or with a star, but an autograph? I was an intern at a radio station once and I ran in to some semi famous people. If you asked for a someone's autograph, you looked like a tool. But, people had no problem taking a photo with you.
That's hilarious. However, an autographed copy of something is pretty cool.

I never know the 'inside scoop' on this stuff. I never know when they arrive, where they'll be leaving, etc. I came early to Philadelphia's Wachovia Center during the last tour. I saw the buses and I only got glimpses of their opening act - not them. :doh:

Quit your whining...just get to the stadium (or arena) during the day. There's always an entrance that they have to go through, and if you're lucky, Bono (and sometimes the others) might come out and sign autographs.

I still don't see what the point is....I'd like to meet the guys to whine about setlist choices or hear some new music or whatever, but owning somebody's name in ink just seems weird. But that's me and I'm very odd. :huh:

I never know the 'inside scoop' on this stuff. I never know when they arrive, where they'll be leaving, etc. I came early to Philadelphia's Wachovia Center during the last tour. I saw the buses and I only got glimpses of their opening act - not them. :doh:

Then pay some more attention to your surroundings. You're on the BIGGEST U2 forum there is, and we ALWAYS know stuff like this days if not weeks in advance.
And they come out during the day to greet waiting fans during the tour many times. So stop whining, you have PLENTY of opportunities to meet them.

Back
Top Bottom